ad: elecraft

Post Calls and E-mails that Scammers are using.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD5JBN, Feb 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

"copyright violation" ? Did You copyright your email address and callsign ?

I don't think the scammers copyrighted these scam addresses. But they do have a signature.

Don't two wrongs make a right ?

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

NCC - Are you sure? Posting the content is for the most part, but posting someone's email address is not. Am I missing something here?

3. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Google it or ask an attorney. Posting the CONTENTS of another's email (didn't mean to imply the email ADDRESS, although....) can be a copyright violation. Just as if I shared a picture you sent me. Just because they break the law doesn't mean you can. :)

4. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

In this country, the copyrighted is "automatic", the instant you make it, it's your copyright. No need, although good idea for proof, to go file it.

5. VK3VSW

VK3VSW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Guys,
    Unfortunately I've also been scammed by this individual. The scammer has taken James A Pritchard WY4K and is using alias so called daughter
    Eileen Woodward. I posted a wanted as on a classified site here in VK. James replied and paid through PayPal as a friend payment as directed.
    Aliases are:
    Eileen Woodward hollydog38@sky.com
    James W Pritchard WY4K@gmail.com
    James A Wagoner hamsuperb4@gmail.com

Writing to the scammer complaining about the item not arriving, this last name came up while investigating this on PayPal.
    The email address of Eileen changed to hamsuperb4@gmail.com. I wrote to this address, and James A Wagoner replied offering
    me another item I was Wanting for $200.

Yes watch out and the moral of this story, do not use the friend payment facilty on PayPal to pay for goods that the seller is unknown to you
    as there is NO buyer protection offered.

Trade safe guys & best 73.
    Chris - VK3VSW
    Torquay Australia.

6. WV1Z

WV1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I got this in an email from 2 different email addresses this morning in reply to an amp I have listed
    Here is the picture of what i am looking for, I just removed it from this post because its a clik-able link to a scam fake un- secure login page,,it looks just like a qrz login but the address is different

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  7. WV1Z

WV1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got 2 more, it appears to be a fake un-secure login page,, I asked the person why they want my login information and the reply was "so you can see the picture of what I'm looking for" hahahahahh

8. WV1Z

WV1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Now the guy wants me to send him a picture of my amp with his callsign next to it!!!!
    (copy paste from my email) Thanks for your response,
    Can you send me a picture of the unit with my call written on a piece
    of paper like this
    ROBERT W6TNI.Thanks.

9. WV1Z

WV1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course if you look up the name and call,,,, silent key from last november!

10. WM7X

WM7X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Michael Wood K6MW

Told me in an email that what he is looking for "looks like this"... Then gave me a link to what appeared to be a qrz page and asks for log-in information. The site is NOT qrz and I did not follow the link.
    Beware