Post Calls and E-mails that Scammers are using.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD5JBN, Feb 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AK4SK

AK4SK Ham Member QRZ Page

AE4GL gilbatae4gl@gmail.com here also. Sent me a picture of a Yaesu SP-8 speaker copied off of a foreign website and said it was a picture of "his" speaker.

73 Chris Ak4SK

2. WA8SRN

WA8SRN Ham Member QRZ Page

I was contacted by hamsuperb4@gmail.com after i left a comment on a sell listing for a ft-990. he used the call sign KB3YZU. he offered to sell me a ft-990 for $400. which of course is cheap. I looked up the QTH and found him to be in PA, since I am in OHIO, I offered to meet him in person nect week. to which he said he could not wait and must sell it today via paypal or bank transfer. then he added that he needed to money for his wife that was in need of chemo.

the addition of his sick wife plus poor english and plus instisting on a quick sell via bank transfer tipped me off. i have included the origanalt email below.

"I HAVE FOR SALE A VERY NICE YAESU FT-990. THIS IS AN AC/DC UNIT AND INCLUDES THE MH-1 HAND MIC IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX, AN AC CORD (I OPERATED IT AC), ORIGINAL MANUAL, AND ALL SCHEMATICS. NO MODS HAVE BEEN DONE TO THIS RADIO.( this also means no added filters) I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER. RADIO HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN NON-SMOKING HOMES. IT HAS BEEN OWNED AND OPERATED BY ME FOR JUST OVER ONE YEAR. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GOOD SIGNAL AND AUDIO REPORTS. HEAVY USE DURING THE ARRL CENTENNIAL EVENT AND NEVER A WIMPER FROM THIS RIG. ASKING $400 PLUS SHIPPING. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, LET ME KNOW.
    THANKS KB3YZU
    James de 73
    "
    I would be interested. I have been looking for nother radio, and since i have a ft-990 already i thought about getting another. my ft-990 acts a little funny on 10meters when i use the tuner. it works fine until i tune up on 10m and hit the start button. the first time i tune it, it will work, if i hit start agian it just sets there with TX flashing......so i have been using it on 10 without the tuner. it works fine otherwise.

anyway, i am not sure how big of a hurry you are in to sell, i would be willing to purchase it, but i would like to see it work. i am planing a trip to NYC in a few weeks, i am in east ohio, and will be traveling past your qth. maybe able to meet. if your ok with waiting a few weeks until i come that way. if not we can figure something else out.

dan
    wa8srn
    "
    The radio is in the best of a YAESU FT-990. i would want to sell this radio as soon as possible, because i need money to take care of my sick wife that is ready for chemo. i will want you to pay via paypal or bank transfer.

thanks and 73

3. WA8SRN

i wondered how he knew what to use in the original email so i copied and googled the first part of his email and found the original posting was from a actual listing from a ft-990 for sale on qrz. so i guess he found a legit listing and copy and pasted part of the listings so it would look legit.

wa8srn

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just because people do not use proper English or can't spell, Don't automatically make them a scammer.

If that was true You would be a scammer and I would too.

Did you get the paypal info for making a payment ?

Good Luck.

5. WA8SRN

look buddy, i never said proper English made them a scammer. I said it TIPPED ME OFF. It tipped me off to look into the situation. and EVERYTIME i have been ripped off, the purp is in a hurry to complete the deal. I have yet to meet a ham that was in a hurry to get rid of a good radio. and when you google search the email message they sent you and you find that it was copied directly from a ad that was from july 2015, that is what gave it away. if something doesn't feel right then its probably not. I am not trying to start a argument about grammar or sick wives.

And if you haven't noticed, the scammers from Zimbabwean have a certain way that they try to use the English laugauge. I dont appreciate your attitude, I was just trying to inform other users of his email address. I don't want or need your sarcasm.

WA8ETY, N6GLH and N3AB like this.
  6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a little difference between foreigners bad English and Americans like me that slept in English class at school. They seem to have a pattern to the way they speak. (Just my opinion)
    John, WB0MPB

VA7UO, WA8ETY and KA9JLM like this.
  7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with you as in my post. There is bad American English and bad Foreigner English.
    John, WB0MPB

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not mean to sound that way, sorry if I offended you.

I am on your side and want to catch them as bad as you do.

Your info was useful. Thank You for posting it.

N3AB and K2HAT like this.
  9. KD9DEG

KD9DEG Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Posting someone's email is a copyright violation. Asking for trouble there.