Post a picture that you took today!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Aug 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice place! and QRZ page...I thought it looked familiar :), love Eastern Oregon.
    Thank you for your service!

N7WR likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Oh wow!!! SOOOO opposite from where I'm typing this (Honolulu).

I love Baker City - one of my favorite places - I've stayed at the Geiser Grand a number of times... not a fun path to Boise in the dead of winter, but one of the most beautiful areas in the great PNW

Dave
    W7UUU/KH6

N7ANN, KC8VWM and N7WR like this.
  3. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

EDC-thanks and UUU next time through Baker I'll buy you a cup

4. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will totally take up on that! Unfortunately I no longer live in Union or work in Island City, nor do we go hunting near Tope lookout/faggen ranch area in a many a moon. I am trying to get a big family trip out to Wallowa Lake though :)

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's a deal!! Let's plan on that.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

AHhhh... Beautiful. And, just ~ a dozen miles east of my childhood home in Hamilton Township. Lots of pretty places in NJ. Most folks don't seem to know that.

7A.

7. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

N7ANN and W7JZE like this.
  8. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

R and R.
    Shhhhhhhhh.......
    Look on google or bing maps, and see how close Toll Brothers is to those beautiful woods.

9. W7UUU

LONG grueling trip to Hawaii this week - probably my 35th trip here or so - but very productive - brought on some new dealers for some of the products I rep, did some very long and detailed software presentations, and new product "dog and pony" shows.... lots of driving - 10 miles on Oahu takes an HOUR, pretty much no matter what time or which direction. But beautiful every morning, all day long, and every night. I'm exhausted, hoarse, and very very ready to go home to my wife and house and doggy and all things radio...

But there's always that siren call to "return to the islands" that hits me every few months, and I have to heed it despite the PITA travel stuff involved.

I always find "my time" - time to sequester somewhere off the beaten path, and just enjoy the wonders that are Hawaii.

Today I had an hour between meetings and just sat in the sun in Kailua Park (Kailua is on the North side of Oaho, opposite side from the very tacky Waikiki) - 80 degrees, strong cooling delightful breeze, wonderful sights, boats, surf, end endless clouds marching by.

Tomorrow I fly home to Seattle, and the cold and rain - but I like going home too. And I also like "the cold and rain" of my home this time of year.

Mahalo nui loa to all my HI friends

Dave
    W7UUU

20161006_102211.jpg

W9JEF, K2NCC, N7ANN and 1 other person like this.
  10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have a safe flight Dave.

W7UUU likes this.