Post a picture that you took today!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Aug 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Beautiful day in Eastern Washington today. But the woolly boogers are out in force so if you’re a mouth breather it’s not a good time to be in Eastern Washington. I tried to get a photo of them but you have to zoom in really good to see the little white dots floating around the yard. I guess this resolution will not show them very well but the yard is covered in woolly boogers.
    F0C302E1-CA6D-4655-B048-B9F15DEB9EA2.jpeg

N0TZU, WZ7U, W7TCT and 3 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Walked down the 1/2 mile on our road to get the mail... such a beautiful place this time of year!

Dave
    W7UUU

fall trees.jpg

W8VTN, N0TZU, W4BTH and 14 others like this.
  3. KC7JNJ

Love your wire antenna holders. :D

SA1CKE, W7UUU, N4BC and 1 other person like this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I've not heard reference to Woolly Boogers in quite a long time. :)

KC7JNJ likes this.
  5. W0AZ

W0AZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have …

But only referring to fishing flies.:D

6. KC7JNJ

Look up woolly aphids and there you go...

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Driving back across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge from Tacoma - beautiful day! (Yes, I was the passenger not the driver :p )

Looking North

Dave
    W7UUU

bridge drive.jpg

N3AWS, N0TZU, K8UDZ and 3 others like this.
  8. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Obviously not the same bridge of the same name that did this:
    20211020_203936.jpg

N3AWS, N0TZU, WJ4U and 1 other person like this.
  9. W7UUU

Yes - the same exact span that was rebuilt in its place. For all intents and purposes, the new bridge stands right where the old one fell. In that famous photo above, the part that's still mid-air and falling is exactly where I was on the rebuilt bridge taking the photo today!! (North is to the right in that picture).

But in 2007, a second Tacoma Narrows Bridge opened for Tacoma-bound traffic. That way the old bridge could be outbound only. Every year for decades there were numerous fatal head-on crashes on the old bridge - it was SCARY to drive over, and daily backups at commute times were enormous.

Photo below is BOTH bridges - not my photo but just for perspective. The old bridge (that replaced the collapsed one) on the right, the new bridge on the left that opened in July 2007

Dave
    W7UUU

bridges.jpg

N3AWS, N0TZU, K8UDZ and 7 others like this.
  10. W7UUU

Back in the 1990s I did work on a number of systems in and around the older bridge, and regularly got to go up to the top!!!

Photos below are all the way at the big red light on the very top of the bridge - one at the light itself, and the other on the platform right below it.

Dave
    W7UUU

Dave on Narrows Bridge at red light.JPG

dave on narrows bridge under red light-001.JPG

K8PG, KA0HCP, PU2OZT and 13 others like this.