Post a picture that you took today!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Aug 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This one is only a 3 inch tire. I have never ridden a 4 or 5 inch tire. Even so take this down to 7-10 psi it is almost like a tracked vehicle in the loose stuff.

W8VTN likes this.
  2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

How "good" do you have to be? If you're not falling down, you're doing good. : )

N3AWS and W8VTN like this.
  3. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

ha.... well I’m not riding A-line down Whistler. I am sure there are some around here that could. I’m more like Artie Johnson and his trike on laugh in. LOL

W8VTN and W7UUU like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So anyone know what the blazes this guy is??? (was - he met his maker)

about 1.5 to 2 inches long - dropped down from my skylight right next to my shack keyboard an hour ago.........

Not a fan, me, of his type and whatnot

Anyone know what he was?

Dave
    W7UUU

bug.jpg

5. W8VTN

W8VTN Ham Member QRZ Page

I would say it looks like a subterranean termite.

N3AWS and N0TZU like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yep I now believe you are correct - in Googling that looks identical to one of the growth stages of that sort of termite.

And as luck has it, our quarterly pest control guy will be here Monday - you can probably imagine what my first order of business will be with him!!

Dave
    W7UUU

WD4ELG, W7TCT, N3AWS and 1 other person like this.
  7. W8VTN

W8VTN Ham Member QRZ Page

In our old house they came en' mass one day to the barn but never wanted to leave.
    A few visits of the exterminator and a little time they left possibly not of their own but they left.
    Good luck in your dealings with them.

8. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

My first guess was an earwig--you know, the bug that crawls into your ear canal at night while you sleep then starts eating your brain; you then die after experiencing madness for days on end?

(That's what I get for watching a few episodes of Night Gallery last night.)

WD4ELG, SA6CKE and W7UUU like this.
  9. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

IMG_20210918_095833890_HDR.jpg

Went to the Cook Museum of Natural Science today.

K8UDZ, N0TZU, N7VGO and 5 others like this.
  10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Moonset this morning from my house with the first light snowfall of autumn still visible on the peaks.

IMG_0422.jpeg

IMG_0423.jpeg

K8UDZ, WD4ELG, KG4RRH and 14 others like this.