ad: k1jek

possible scam W7CNK "Lucky"

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KP2L, Sep 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KP2L

KP2L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is a copy of the email I received:
    Carl,

If wont the one I’m receiving it’s yours, just pay $395.00 with PayPal. As soon as I receive the Power Master II I will ship it to you FREE.

Please confirm. Send me your shipping info.

My PayPal ID is : w7cnk@cox.net

73, Lucky W7CNK

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't sound like an Okie to me neither.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

You put your email address in your reply to the forsale ad making it WORLD-READABLE.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like a newbie Nigerian in the scammer world.

5. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm, hope not. I bought a hotspot from him, $100. Supposed to be in the mail today. Tracking number looks good...

6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

If it's a scam the hacker has control of his account because the email matches.

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like @W7CNK was trying to do you a favor and you think it may be a scam? Did you try calling him before posting this?

KA2FIR, WR2E and NZ4X like this.
  8. KP2L

KP2L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think so as I was in touch with the seller and he never paid the seller for it, and the seller never shipped it to him. Basically selling something you do not have. As that saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is not true. I did say "possible".

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    KA2FIR likes this.
  9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

OK guys, you are way off base. Lucky (Lester) mailed my purchase when he said he would, arrived in perfect condition, and it works just fine.

A little poking around reveals that he has been an active ham for a long time, before there was any qrz.com, and has several classic designs t9 his credit.

so yeah, I think the suspicions in this thread are unwarranted. Please consider making an apology, or a retraction...

AJ4GQ and KA2FIR like this.
  10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

The Power Master II ad is still open so W7CNK probably doesn't have the item to sell to KP2L as he said.

KA2FIR likes this.