Possible SCAM - AC0OF in MS

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N5XJT, Sep 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. N5XJT

N5XJT Ham Member QRZ Page

Be wary of unsolicited offer to sell from AC0OF in MS. Call sign seems to check out but offer was to sell a rig and matching tuner at a low price. Payment requested was a money order made payable to his sister. Could be a SCAM.

2. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received an unsolicited email from this scammer who is using AC0OF's callsign and name. Offered a nice KX3 for $950, responding to a post I made to a for sale listing.

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Hart,
    Could you share that e-mail address so others can watch for it?

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

ac0of.p@gmail.com
    Has been reported Google.

6. K4DMZ

K4DMZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I received an unsolicited email from this person, using the same email address as posted by AJ4GQ. He's offering to sell an Icom IC-7000 (i responded to another seller and [AC0of] emailed me using my QRZ information.)

7. K7TOM

K7TOM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I received a email from this guy yesterday and today. Strongly smell crook !

8. WJ4VA

WJ4VA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just received an email from ac0of.p@gmail.com today after posting a question in a thread about a FT-891. When you look up AC0OF here on QRZ there is no email listed He offered one for sale with a picture with his call but a quick search of the for sale adds turned up this add:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/yaesu-ft-891-hf-mobile-transceiver.577237/

This is the same picture he sent me but with the AC0OF call sign photo-shopped onto the QSL card. His email was the text from the above add verbatim....
    FT891.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  9. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty lame when you can still see the original seller's name on the QSL card and it doesn't match the call.

10. WJ4VA

WJ4VA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I asked if he accepts paypal and surprisingly he said yes. I didn't reply and this morning I had an email saying he was still waiting on my response hihi....so why not. I asked him for more pictures with his call sign...Ill play the game until I get bored or he gives up. Maybe Ill offer to pick it up in person....