Wanted Portable Tower

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WC6T, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WC6T

WC6T Ham Member QRZ Page

AB 577 PORTABLE MILITARY SURPLUS ANTENNA TOWER.

THIS SHOULD BE EASY AS I'M THE ONLY ONE AROUND THAT WANTS ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS. :eek:o_O:rolleyes::p. SORRY, I'VE NEVER USED AN EMOJI. I GOT CARRIED AWAY.

NO SERIOUSLY. I NEED THIS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE DOES AS I'M IN A RESTRICTIVE HOA SITUATION AND WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH A "TEMPORARY" SET-UP.

I'LL PAY TOP DOLLAR AS IT LOOKS LIKE SAYING THIS WILL BE THE ONLY WAY I MAY BE ABLE TO SECURE THE NEXT AVAILABLE AB 577. I NEED A COMPLETE KIT THOUGH. 100% COMPLETE IS A MUST.

IF NOT TOO FAR I'LL PICK IT UP (I'M IN THE SACRAMENTO AREA) BUT I'D JUST ASSUME HAVE IT SHIPPED. THE LAST ITEM I BOUGHT ON EBAY DID NOT HAVE SHIPPING AS AN OPTION. THEY WERE WILLING TO DROP IT OFF AT A LOCAL SHIPPING STORE THAT USED UPS. I ENDED UP HANDLING ALL THE SHIPPING AT THAT POINT. I SHOULD HAVE JUST HAD UPS PICK IT UP FROM THEIR LOCATION. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD DEAL CHEAPER I IMAGINE WITHOUT THE MIDDLE MAN.

I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY FOLKS DON'T WANT TO SHIP A BIG, HEAVY ITEM. AS THESE THINGS GO HOWEVER, (200 LBS OF TOTAL WEIGHT I UNDERSTAND IS THE TOTAL WEIGHT ) IT SHOULD NOT BE VERY EXPENSIVE OR DIFFICULT IN THE LEAST. IF NECESSARY I WILL HANDLE THE SHIPPING OF THE TOWER. ALSO, AS THIS IS A MILITARY SURPLUS ITEM ( VERY HEAVY DUTY AND MADE FOR TRAVEL ) IT'S NOT LIKELY TO INCUR ANY SHIPPING DAMAGE IF THAT IS THE FEAR. BESIDES, THAT'S WHAT SHIPPING INSURANCE IS FOR. IT'S TYPICALLY NOT THAT EXPENSIVE EITHER.

DID I SAY THAT I PROBABLY WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE DOES? THAT'S WORTH SOMETHING RIGHT? I'D SAY I DESERVE IT MORE BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO JUSTIFY THAT ONE. I COULD JUST LIE, WHICH SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH TO AT LEAST GET YOU IN TO CONGRESS.

K2SDS likes this.
  2. K6CEO

K6CEO Ham Member QRZ Page

No email address given on QRZ. If you send me your email address, I will send you some research data I did over the years on "trying" to obtain one of these Mil masts. Cliff - K6CEO, K6CEO@arrl.net. 73...

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.