ad: Radclub22-1

Portable HF QRP - what's in your go bag?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by VK3YE, Jan 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Minimalist to the extreme

[​IMG]

W7MDN likes this.
  2. W7MDN

W7MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

This.

SOTA more, recover faster and cover way more summits by carrying what you need and not much fluff. Smaller pack, lose the mast if you can, MTR or KX2/3, etc. Minimal stuff, keep the weight down. I have no inclination to slog a laptop and Pi to a summit to do FT8 and the like. Not my bag, baby.

N1RBD likes this.
  3. K1GC

K1GC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think your image link is broken.

4. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A buddy carried an FT891, RPi, 4" monitor, Kenwood VHF 50w rig, batteries for both, Superantenna, cables, HT, and keyboard to a summit. He replaced the 891/Kenwood with an FT857 but still way to heavy for these old legs. He loves his digital modes. But. if he wants to do that more power to him! :)

K1BQY likes this.
  5. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

He is a better man than I. With all that gear, I would lose my enthusiasm pretty fast.

6. KC3TEC

KC3TEC Ham Member QRZ Page

crickey, straight key, cricket 40, qcx 40, a pixie to monitor, dipole assembly, 1:1, 4:1 baluns , spare batteries, roll of wire, and possibles box of connectors.
    I am currently building a portable air launcher kit to put the wires up into the trees at camp.

but before i transmit with that gear i have to brush the dust and cobwebs off my morse skills! ( Damn those spiders can cob up webs in a hurry):p