ad: chuckmartin

Portable Ham Radio Camping gear & shelter presentation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Sep 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. NC9O

NC9O Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for another great video Julian. I always pack for comfort first in the past and used light weight ham gear. I used a KX1 Built in ATU with a porta-paddle, 23 feet of speaker wire for antenna and counter poise. In cold weather I kept a small can of fuel for my Jetboil in my inside jacket pocket to keep it warm, it also went in the sleeping bag at night. Always had coffee in the morning And not frozen fuel.

US7IGN likes this.
  2. R2ANG

R2ANG Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video Julian! In my youth, I was actively involved in mountaineering and I think that it is better to choose equipment for such hiking among mountaineering equipment. Especially utensils for food, gas stoves, sleeping bags and tents. You will greatly lighten the load. In the summer, my radio station works in the field. I understand you, I appreciate your video!
    Always your friend, 73!
    R2ANG

K6MTS likes this.
  3. R6CG

R6CG Ham Member QRZ Page

R6CG/p, ОП. Яков. 03.07.2020.,25 км mia Sochi.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  4. R6CG

R6CG Ham Member QRZ Page

R6CG/p, op. Yakov. 04.10.2019., 25 км mia Sochi.

Attached Files:

5. KD2BME

KD2BME Ham Member QRZ Page

I am concerned with the use of fire in a small nylon tent. I also wonder if it is a good idea to have a fire on the ground, particularly if the the ground still has leaf liter and not mineral soil. You have a very good set up. I like that tent, I've never have seen one in the states.

6. K5SAN

K5SAN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

7. NR1CH

NR1CH Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent video, thank you! Rich N1ZSC

8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good information video as always but my tent camp Days Are Over!!
    I grew up and older now I'm a RVer. Fun too

9. KJ4CMY

KJ4CMY Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video. Instead of lugging that heavy frying pan, carry a bottle of cooking spray. That should help, and if you still have difficulty cleaning the frying pan, just soak the inside of the pan some hot water.

10. K5TGS

K5TGS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video, information and dog!

11. N0YG

N0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Julian
    I must say that everytime I re-listen or watch this Video I get something else from it that I seemed to have missed the time before. Sometimes I wish I lived in your part of this planet but I think it's to darn cold. I will settle for Kansas, lol. Well keep posting these great and remarkable videos/ Stay warm up in the far NORTH !