poor practice or totally acceptable?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KK4YWN, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not your listening, it's not your talking. It's your spamming the frequency with continuous beaconing. The weak QSO"s you don't hear due to your beaconing and your mediocre mobile setup are the ones who suffer at your oblivious attitude.

2. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

how am i any different from the folks who use crap antennas on hf along with a big fat amplifier? I'll answer that for you:

I'm different because i'm using it on the dead part of a dead band that doesn't offer much in the way of propagation. I'm different because no matter how much of my whopping 50watt I use: no one is going to hear me on the other side of the damned globe.

get your head on man

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

can I have some of what ever it is you are smokin?

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

well, you at least got something correct on your QRZ bio page

"KK4YWN

Self-appointed pace car of the far left lane...."

5. KK4YWN

I don't have a dance card.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, YOU are making a gross mis-assumption. The weak signal SSB stations working horizontal polarization may well be experiencing interference from YOUR beacon, even though you are apparently using a (pitifully) meager receive capability in a vertically polarized antenna in a mobile.
    I (and other local stations) can easily hear other CW or SSB signals on the 2 Meter weak signal segment of the band, as far as 200+ miles away; your FM radio wouldn't even know there was a signal there.
    Just because YOU can't hear activity with your inferior mobile antenna and mis-conception of crossed polarization, doesn't mean there's no activity where you think you can or should operate. At LEAST, go up into the FM areas according to the band plans for your area.

7. KK4YWN

i have a ssb radio and a horizontal antenna mounted on my car.

i already said i don't have a dance card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.