ad: vanity

Political Junkies threads

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by N3XP, Oct 3, 2009.

?

Are you tired of seeing the Political Junkies threads when you click New Posts

1. Yes; get this political stuff off my screen, I'll subscribe if I want to view it

43 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No, I like seeing it with all the other posts.

24 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. What is the Political Junkies forum?

13 vote(s)
    16.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you tired of seeing the Political Junkies posts when you click New Posts?

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just ignore them...

That's what I do... If Fred decides to make them go away, they will.

I'm not betting that anything will change.

73 Gary

3. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

I know for a fact, the the software that runs this forum has the ability to hide forums from anyone who is not a member. There are tens of thousands of other sites using the same software that keep the members only sections for members only - both READ and write

4. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone said that "Blinders" work good on threads and posts.

5. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, just like Hollingsworth's idea of just spin the VFO knob to avoid the crap. Neither answer works when the solution, here, is as simple as checking a check box in the forum settings. Plus, think of the added benefits of making the PJ group READ and WRITE only for members. Google will not index the childish fighting that goes on in that forum.

6. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm tired of seeing all kinds of things when I click on new posts. whether it's political junkies or anything else. Why the L can't you just skip over it like I do or anyone else?

7. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

Because 1/2 of the listing on new posts are nowhere near radio related. There is nothing in the PJ forum that is anywhere close to radio. Should we all really have to skip over the diatribe of 10 guys that will battle political nonsense till they die? The fix is as simple as checking the box, and it costs nothing! I guess if you had to wade though endless posts denouncing religion as a falsity created by man to explain the unexplainable and keep control over the masses your answer would be much different???

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  8. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

He's busy right now so let me answer it

Yeah, just like Hollingsworth's idea of just spin the VFO knob to avoid the crap. Neither answer works when the solution, here, is as simple as checking a check box in the forum settings. Plus, think of the added benefits of making the PJ group READ and WRITE only for members. Google will not index the childish fighting that goes on in that forum.

9. KJ4KDM

KJ4KDM Guest

What is so hard people? If you dont want to read the thread DONT CLICK ON IT!!!!!!!!

10. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

There you go. That's the answer.
    PROBLEM SOLVED!.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.