ad: ProAudio-1

[Poilicy Q] The 10 minute rule.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5GPK, Apr 21, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I added times for clarification:

For those who say there was a violation, at what time was the violation committed?

2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks, hay.:)

12:11.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The 12:00 "KG5GPK listening" was a separate communication. A one-way communication. And it was properly IDed.

The 12:05 Me: "talk" <-- without call sign and 12:12 me: "(talk) KG5GPK clear" was a series of two transmissions in a separate communication. Part of a round table. His ID clock started when he started talking at 12:05. Then he IDed at the end of the "communication" as required, and his total involvement in that "communication" was less than 10 minutes.

I don't see an issue, looking at it in that context that this was two distinct "communications".

It would have been better to ID at the 12:05 anyway. But there's no rules violation.

4. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

When he got his license?

5. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

You know Glen's call-sign, but not how to spell his name. You are forgiven.

6. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Du it is all in the N. One N two N what's another N!!! One more N makes Glen smarter!!!

Bob

7. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

What if there were three Ns?

8. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

5NNN would really upset a certain someone.

9. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

OK that makes sense because it takes Canadian hams a little longer to remember their call sign

10. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Another tactic is to ID every 10 minutes, but slur one's speech or speak so rapidly that the call sign is unintelligible. And, there are the SSB ops who boast about sending a brief "picture" via digital SSTV, containing their call, at least once every 10 minutes so they don't legally have to ID on voice. I wish the FCC would re-instate the rule requiring SSTV and other "image" transmissions to ID in voice or CW, and for RTTY stations to ID with CW.

But while they were at it, I would urge them to change the ID interval to once every 15 minutes instead of 10.