PM in qrz.com - is this still available??? when no email address listed

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AG5T, Aug 12, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AG5T

AG5T Ham Member QRZ Page

I was not able to click on the call sign in the upper left. I did not get a sub menu where I could start a conversation if there was no email listed. Can anyone help? Has this been discontinued???

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Click on user's call sign and select "Start Conversation"

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AG5T

AG5T Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried to click on the call sign but there is nothing happening. Tried left clicking and right clicking. Tried clicking anywhere I saw a call sign. But I only get stuff like inspect element and view page source and this is on right clicking. Do I need to turn this function on somewhere in my settings? Sorry but I don't see anything that says start conversation. I must be missing something. Also I am in Firefox browser. Does it not work in Firefox?

4. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ.png

W7UUU likes this.
  5. AG5T

AG5T Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, think I got it. User has to be in the forums and click on the square at left. I was thinking I could PM someone who did not have their email address listed. So say I see someone but they have no email listed. Can I PM through the forum then?

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

They don't need to be on the forum at that point in time. An old post of any vintage will get you the access you need.

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. That's the only way it works is through the qrz system. A back room email system, as it were.

8. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Having an email address listed should not have any bearing on the "CONVERSATIONS" function of this site, because the process doesn't use the email system at all.

Try this link, while logged-in, to 'Start a Conversation' .
    <https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?conversations/add&to=callsign> , where you must replace the word "callsign" with the call of the person you are trying to contact.

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

9. AG5T

AG5T Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I figured it out. I pull up the page of the call sign I want. Then go to my call sign on the right and click on it. Click on messages. Then I can start a conversation. Whether the other party will ever check their messages is another story. But it's worth a try without an email address.