Pluto networking help please

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by G1ORP, Oct 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. G1ORP

G1ORP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am trying to network a pluto, I have given it an IP address but cannot see it on my computer via Lan cable only via USB.
    I'm using a powered USB to network cable adaptor and running the pluto into a USB hub and the adaptor is also plugged into hub, its the only way I can see to get power to the adaptor?
    Can anyone point in the correct direction before I run out of hair to pull out.
    regards
    John Marlow G1ORP

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What you are trying to do may not work, Because most USB hubs do not link output to output. You would need some type of software driver.

A router with a NAS USB port could be made to work.

Can you post a picture of your hookup ? That may help. I may not be understanding your hookup.

I use a RPi3 to do what you are trying to do, Using the HDSDR TCP/IP driver.

Good Luck.

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/plutosdr-quickstart-guide/

3. G1ORP

G1ORP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Don,
    The idea is as follows, I want to use this setup for QO-100.
    My dish is some way from the house but there is a garden shed next to dish with mains power and a cat5e back to home network.
    This should allow me to remotely operate the Pluto into QO-100.
    The original idea for the USB hub was to power the various devices, Pluto, GPS clock and 2.4Ghz preamp.
    At the moment its just a trial box of bits to see if I cam get it working, it does RX & TX ok although I have only a dummy load on the TX.
    The problem is getting the Pluto on the network, from what I have read it should work, maybe I can't see the wood for the trees!!!
    John G1ORP

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure your network subnet and mask is correct.

It looks like default is 192.168.1.xxx , So your LAN should match that, Unless you changed the default.

Good Luck.