Please Respect the Frequencies for SSTV and QRP

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by CT2KFQ, Mar 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NK7Z

NK7Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gee... You left that out in your original post... You probably should provide a full picture of an incident prior to carping about things.

AC0OB likes this.
  2. CT2KFQ

CT2KFQ Ham Member QRZ Page

When I did my examen I studied about this never use a ocuooied frequency or go over other by pourpose thats why we do an examen to understand and respect all the people doing communications

3. NK7Z

As I said, you left that out before you started telling people how to behave.

4. CT2KFQ

english its not my mother tounge its ok for you ?

5. CT2KFQ

Dear Sir if you are using a frequency that is in use are you a good Hamradio operator ?

6. NK7Z

No language issues here, I fully understand you... Your English is good.

7. CT2KFQ

And please dont do jokes about were did you have taken your examen dont tell me this was at Disneyland

8. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay, so there are several issues. One is band plan. The other is whether or not a frequency is in use.

The OP asserts the frequency was in use. I don't doubt that was true. But do the people making contacts there also understand that the frequency was in use.

Many times I have been in QSO and a band shift occurs and suddenly there is someone else on the same or nearby frequency, two QSOs, with folks pointlessly arguing about who was there first. QSB happens.

Or someone on the frequency is simply not heard, until after a new QSO has started. Many instances I have asked if a frequency was in use, several times, with no response, started running the frequency for 30 minutes or more, and many contacts made before someone insists I am interfering with some net or QSO. This is inadvertent. Nothing done wrong. But once it is known that there is interference ( not merely someone insisting he owns the frequency for some net that has been meeting there every day for 400 years ), then one might consider moving, regardless of who believes who was there first. Arguing over frequencies is pointless.

Yes, we should respect a frequency clearly in use and go somewhere else. But if we do not know the frequency is in use, it is another matter altogether.

The point is yes we should be respectful and considerate. But we should also not get upset when there is inadvertent QRM. Assuming someone else hears what you hear is naive at best.

AC0OB and WD4IGX like this.
  9. NK7Z

The original post started off by telling people that they need to change their behavior because they were violating some ill defined set of rules. Upon being called out for confusing a band plan for a rule, the op then changed the narrative-- someone was being QRMed, became the new narrative. Upon being called out for that, the op then started claiming that English was not his native language... Basically the Op is backing out of his original position. Lets let him back out gracefully, and agree to disagree...

W4DOM, AC0OB and WR2E like this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are, but these aren't any of them.

Get it through your head - THESE BAND PLANS ARE NOT RULES!

W4DOM, KC1DR and N3FAA like this.