Please read. Someone claiming to be me and sending unsolicited emails.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K0EED, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:07 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been contacted twice in the last week, once by phone and email by two separate hams asking if I was selling a radio. Someone posing as me is saying they are selling a radio. The email address being used by the scammer is k0eed.brian@gmail.com which is not me. I replied to the individual who emailed me and he said the person that contacted him used that email and tried to get him to send him money via paypals friends and family. The other fellow who contacted asked if I had shipped the radio? The fellow who called me I returned his call and got his voicemail and I told him I wasn't selling any radio. I've not heard back from him in spite of asking him to call me back as I wanted to know where he was seeing an ad saying I was selling something. I looked and couldn't find anything. The fellow who emailed me said the scammer contacted him unsolicited regarding an ad the real ham had replied to and was trying to negotiate a deal with the seller and the scammer contacted him saying he had the same radio for sale. I've updated my bio to tell people I'm not selling anything and if I do I'll mention it on my bio. If someone really wants to reach me they can via this site or the ARRL email.

It sounds like one of the two actual hams did his homework before sending any money. I sure hope the ham who called me asking if I shipped a radio didn't use the friends and family via paypal. It pays to do your homework folks. If you are contacted unsolicited about someone wanting to sell you something be careful.

As I said I've updated my bio here so hopefully folks will look at that and see I'm not selling anything if they are contacted by the scammer who's using the email address of k0eed.brian@gmail.com (again this is not me and is a scam).

Brian
    KØEED

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Put your CORRECT email address in your callsign data to show that it differs from what the scammer is using and allow others to contact you to confirm that they are being scammed.

KP4SX likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes! A QRZ profile without a legitimate email address is a scammer magnet.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, add to your profile words like the following:

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2018-8-9_20-32-19.png

5. K0EED

Not sure why my email wasnt showing it was on my page. It's on their now.

6. K0EED

I've already done that.