Please help me identify my Cushcraft vertical antenna

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WB7SDX, Jun 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB7SDX

WB7SDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm familiar with most of the Cushcraft antennas but I haven't operated UHF very much so I haven't got much experience in that band. A fellow ham gave me a UHF? vertical which I take to be a Cushcraft. It has the small ring on the bottom of the antenna but there is no strap that slides around the ring. The distance from the ring to the tip of the antenna is approximately 33 inches. Total length of the antenna is 39 1/2 inches and the ring is about a 3 inch diameter. It doesn't have a set of radials below the ring of the antenna like some of the Cushcraft verticals. By the size I guess it's a UHF antenna but I'd like to find out for sure so that I can print out the manual for it. Thanks for any help.

2. AA5MT

AA5MT Ham Member QRZ Page

It is probably an AR-450. You are missing the connection from the connector to the ring, which delivers the power. Probably missing the ring clamp too. The manual should be on the Mfj site. The parts should not be very expensive. Shipping is probably more than the parts.

Tom

3. KJ4RT

KJ4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a Ringo for 70CM. And as AA5MT has stated some missing parts.

4. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As AA5MT posted ... probably an AR-450.

You can download the manual --which provides the dimensions and a parts list-- from the MFJ website:
    https://mfjenterprises.com/pages/product-manuals
    Click on Cushcraft products.
    Then scroll down and click to page #3
    Then click on AR-450,
    Then click on the pdf download

MFJ is pretty good about supplying parts.
    For Cushcraft -- call them at: 1-662-323-9538

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If it's 39" long, that would be a 2 meter model AR-2, not the 70 cm model AR-450, which is only 13" long.