Please don't do this...

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by WB2WIK, Jun 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

That wasn't a hobby was it?

WA7PRC likes this.
  2. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems this fellas got a burr under his saddle for no good reason...
    Did you notice this exact same thread is on eHam??
    Must be he's on a crusade to rid the CW bands of us unruly ops!
    Get over it. This is a hobby. It's not suposed to be that serious.
    VY 73 and periods forever more.

N1KTJ, K8PRG and WA7PRC like this.
  3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

We have reached a full stop.

Nothing's gonna save us from the big drop.

4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Use of periods and other "inefficiencies" on ham radio Morse...

[​IMG]

vy 73 es gl,
    Bryan WA7PRC

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If only they had filled that poor Mantee with helium instead of hydrogen... and to think he almost broke free :(

:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

AA8TA and WA7PRC like this.
  6. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I like it when OPS spell out long words, it allows me time to take a swig of my beer.

W5BIB, WD0BCT, KC9UDX and 1 other person like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Computer-encoding 5-WPM CW op types into his keyboard: "Saw a wonderful old movie last night with my dear bride, Angelica Gertrude, and it was of all things Mary Poppins and my favorite song was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious agn agn supercalifragilisticexpialidocious BT Is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious one of your favorite songs in a movie??? Bk tu AR W7UUU de WB12AQB RRRRR KN"

That allows time to start the BBQ, get the coals to temperature, season the ribs and all but put them on...

:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

KA0HCP and WA7PRC like this.
  8. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Reminds me of one of the K2x ops (don't remember which one) who, after the perfunctory exchange, breaks into a long string of something. #1: I wasn't expecting that and wasn't paying attention; #2: he must have gotten an OO card sometime because he used spaces between letters (sorry, I'm not near proficient enough to decode CW without spaces); #3: I kept thinking aren't there other people trying to get through (as a matter of fact, there were).

When he finally got done I just sent TNX FER CNT ES 73. Hope I didn't ruin his day too much. Those of you who like to rag chew, I hope you worked him.

9. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

DE K7KBN Its an ok song. If Poppins is perfming in volcano, she mite get pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis es not b able to sing K

10. W7UUU

PSE RPT PSE RPT pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis???? BK