Please consider continents outside of USA for awards

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by G4PWO, Jul 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4PWO

G4PWO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As it stands, there's a strong US bias in the available QRZ.com awards (separate counties and states awards), yet no regional awards for any continent outside of America.

It would be great to see European awards mirroring those for the USA, e.g. how about a "worked all EU countries" award?

Amateur radio is a truly international hobby - as I'm sure is your membership. It would be great to see this reflected in your offering.

Thanks for your consideration!

Phil G4PWO

KW4WL, KG5KOG, M0YRX and 3 others like this.
  2. KL1T

KL1T Ham Member QRZ Page

I live in the US, and I also often wonder why they don't have this award. WAS is too easy with FT8, I don't think there's a single challenging award on this site.

KW4WL, VE3CGA and G4PWO like this.
  3. KW4WL

KW4WL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Funny, I just came here to post a suggestion for a Canadian Provence award. I agree, it would be nice to have some others as well.

4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be cool to have some more awards on here. I'd also like to see something for the satelites, at least for log entry that matches LOTW

Until then, There are other awards out there to be had - the FT8 digital modes club, European Phaseshift Club, etc. Free to join and downloadable awards. Some that are country based, I have one for South America and there are loads of others . These are mainly for FT8 or psk

this is somewhat new , check it out https://cnpota.ca/ the Canadian parks on the air.
    I think RAC has some provincial awards