ad: GNOHF-1

Please add FT8 mode

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KG2C, Jul 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N4TTN

N4TTN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW won't recognize FT8 yet. They are waiting on the ADIF specification to be approved like QRZ is.

I am waiting to upload to LOTW until the specification is approved and in use.

2. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In ANSI X12 or EDIFact standards, if there's a field that changes a lot, one of the options is usually "Other", which allows a free-form value. Hopefully they will add something like that to the standard ADIF since we are adding modes all the time. :)

3. W0AAL

W0AAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried to log some FT8 QSO's, no joy on the drop down for modes in QRZ logbook. What am I missing?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For compliance with industry standards, QRZ conforms with the latest revision to ADIF Specification. When ADIF recognizes FT8 it will be added.

www.adif.org

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  5. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Folks - this is still an experimental mode, and you are using pre-release software (release candidate 1)!

Be patient! o_O

6. W0AAL

W0AAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the quick reply, and no problem on the wait. Saw an earlier post where they said the QRZ logbook accepted FT8, so when it didn't work for me, I thought I was the problem. Thanks again.

7. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that's all fine. But you can hardly expect a fisherman to throw away a big fish when caught. It's just not the nature of the game.

I've simply stopped using FT-8 to avoid the logbook becoming backed-up (QSOs mount up very quickly with FT-8). I suspect that isn't in the interests of the mode.

The best way to avoid frustration would seem to agree the changes first, then release the mode on the world.

8. W0OGH

W0OGH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Log4OM issued a couple of files that when downloaded in put into the proper directory recognize at least the FT8 mode. However, HD 5.0 does not recognize it nor does the ARRL LOTW program. In order for it to recognize FT8 you have to remap FT9 to DATA in TQSL. Now i see that QRZ.COM does not recognize FT8. I have QSO's to be confirmed in QRZ but can't do so because i can't verify the mode. Any idea when this issue might be addressed?

9. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I admire your patience. I would have flipped my wig by the end of page 1.

10. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately FT8 has not been added to the .adif standards but the .adif developers group is aware of the very strong desire for the mode, so they are doing their best to push out an update. Be assured that the moment that they do so, we will update our logbook to reflect the mode. Sorry for the momentary inconvenience. Thanks for your continued support.