Platinum Subscribers and Lifetime Subscribers... are you aware you have your own private forums!!?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Jul 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You now have PRIVATE LOUNGES here at QRZ!!!

QRZ wanted to reward those who have "stepped up" in a big way to subscribe at the top two levels - Platinum and Lifetime.

So for all you Platinum Subscribers, please check out The Platinum Lounge: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/the-platinum-lounge.124/

And for my fellow Lifers, you can come hang out in The Chairman's Club: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/the-chairmans-club.125/

And of course, if you're Lifetime, you're also Platinum so BOTH forums are available to you! Neither forum is visible (other than forum title) to others - including Google and other "web search spiders" - so as much as any internet forum can be, it's pretty darn private!

Pretty much anything goes - you can discuss most anything other than politics of course - you can talk ham radio, life in general, lifestyle stuff, your job or retirement, your kids, rants, raves, your dog - as long as it's in the general rules of "no personal attacks" etc. (and again, NO politics), it's anything goes! We're rewarding those who have upped to the top to levels with very minimal moderation - sort of a "gentleman's club" atmosphere... break out the brandy and cigars!

So if you haven't yet seen the forum header, pictured below, just follow the links above and "come on in"

Looking forward to seeing you there

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2019-7-17_19-46-10.png

K8PG, K4AGO, W7JZE and 2 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

REALLY cool response to the new forums... if you are Platinum and / or Lifetime, you really should check it out.

VERY limited moderation - most anything within reason goes - come on in!

I have NO stake in this other than I upped to Platinum and Lifetime years ago and think it's really cool stuff....

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO, W7JZE and K2NCC like this.
  3. W7UUU

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

We're drowning :eek:

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

You are? Have a life preserver

6. W7UUU

PM me

Dave
    W7UUU

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My lifeguard certification is still good, I think.

KA9JLM and W7UUU like this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a reason for a 30 min time limit to edit your post ?

When I was a Platinum Subscriber, It seems that would buy me more time. But it did not.

Other Forums do not limit me, And I do not have to pay to play.

Why does QRZ limit the edit time window for paid subscribers ??

Just wondering :):D.

9. W7UUU

NONE of the forums I frequent allow forever editing - I'm really curious which ones you're referring to? I've never once seen that allow that - not QTH, eHam, FerrariChat.com, etc. etc. etc. FerrariChat actually has a 15 minute edit window.

It's to prevent revisionism.... you have 30 minutes to decide if that's what you really mean otherwise it's set in stone. You can't "drunk post" one night, and say a bunch of nasty things to someone, then try to erase it all in the morning. Or go back through a series of posts and change your words to make you win an argument you're losing.

It's pretty obvious why there are time limits. And as I said, in my 20 years of posting on TONS of forums, I've never once been on a forum that had unlimited editing unless you were a moderator.

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. I do not two time using different ham radio forums.

Maybe other Tech forums are giving me moderator rights because my posts are so good. :D