ad: AlphaRF-1

Plans for Straight Key Night? (SKN)

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W7UUU, Dec 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that Globe really looks FB next to the 75A4. The HB key is pretty neat,

2. K1IGS

K1IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been listening around 7.055 for the slower stations to decode for a while today - almost to where I can hop on the air. Lot's of CQSKN folks on 40 so far.

3. K4RT

K4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Matt,

Go ahead and hop on air and get your feet wet!

Lots of SKN activity on the low bands last night and today. Nice to hear so much activity. I've made several SKN QSOs with my Heathkit DX-100B, National NC-173, and Vibroplex bug (which doubles as a straight key).

4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I concentrated on 80m and hunted for states/countries I need on that band. Ended up adding Japan, Wales, and North Dakota. Now down to four states needed on 80m, AK, NE, OR, and WY.

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Had a great time and worked some great hams. It had been quite a while since I'd seriously used a straight key, and my fist was rusty, but by the time I pulled the big switch a little while ago, I was getting back into the swing (though not Lake Erie Style) of things. :)

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And don't forget! Even if you only logged ONE SINGLE CONTACT, you can send it to ARRL and your call will appear in the April 2019 issue of QST!!

:)

Details: http://www.arrl.org/straight-key-night

Dave
    W7UUU

7. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Made a few contacts, all were enjoyable chats.

Jim
    KF9VV

W7UUU likes this.
  8. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

I did log just one single contact today. My first straight key contact as a result of my first time calling CQ on ANY mode, and with a fellow SKCC member, nonetheless. I didn't copy everything, but in a 15 minute QRS contact I got most of it. I am pleased with 2019 so far :)

N0NB and W7UUU like this.