Plans for Straight Key Night? (SKN)

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W7UUU, Dec 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Were it me, I'd go with the HW-8 :)

Dave
    W7UUU

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Don't forget to log you contacts and send your log to ARRL within a few days (they explain the process on their site) and you'll be listed in the April 2019 QST!! Log can just be emailed - doesn't need to be ADIF or Cabrillo or such.

But either way, have fun! Always lots of nice folks on, mostly going slow and easy and willing to QRS as might be needed.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Dave! I knew I could count on you for a sober and well thought out answer. I'm going with your choice.

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W7UUU

:)

I got to meet the guy who designed not only the HW-8 but also the HW-7 and he autographed both of mine :) The HW-7 I own I built myself in January 1975... never imagined I'd meet the guy who designed it!

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2018-12-27_14-35-31.png

upload_2018-12-27_14-36-11.png

N0NB, N5CM, W1BR and 1 other person like this.
  5. WN1MB

Same kind of folks you meet during SKCC monthly Weekend Sprintathons (WES).

W5ESE and W7UUU like this.
  6. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

Seeing as I just got an SKCC number yesterday, I will have to start putting it to good use :)

W1TRY, W1BR and W7UUU like this.
  7. WN1MB

8. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My band has a New Years Eve engagement, so there's no telling what time I'll get home,but if I get on new years days, I'll probably use my FTDX-3000 with my WWI Germany railroad key.

9. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not that comfortable in a CW contest,,,, but if I can stay awake I would be using the Johnson Navigator with the SX101A on 40 or 80 meters. Or the HT32/SX101A combo. Keys, well I've collected a few so the most favored choices are the Kent KT1, Amplidan, Begali Blade or the perennial 26003A Navy flameproof which holds its own with the others.

skcc 19438

10. W7UUU

What band will they be on? I'll listen for you guys ;):rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

N2SUB likes this.