PL2303 USB Serial hangs on application exit

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by KJ4TLB, May 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ4TLB

KJ4TLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive got the latest PL2303 drivers for El Capitan and installed them from prolific, which made the usb serial interfaces available again. The problem is, when you attempt to close a program that uses the USB serial, FLDIGI, FLRIG WSJT-X etc etc, it gets stuck, not even a reboot works as reboot gets stuck as well and requires a power off from the switch. It will work fine again until the next time any USB using app is loaded.

2. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a similar problem after upgrading my Mac OS with a USB-Serial convertor that used the prolific driver. It worked great before upgrading to El Capitan, then I had the problem after the upgrade. At the advice of Dave, K3DCW, I purchased a Tripp-Lite serial convertor. All my problems went away. They seem to be trouble free where the other convertors seem to be problematic with some Mac OS versions.

K3DCW likes this.
  3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Tripp-Lite USB-Serial adapters, particularly the USA-19HS, are simply outstanding. And they're long-time supporters of Mac users; going back before OS X. A bit more expensive? Sure, but worth every penny.

4. VK2XTC

VK2XTC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've just posed that same issue.
    Sorry didn't read the forum correctly first.

Can you confirm the version of Prolific driver you have loaded by looking at the System console message when you plug it in ?

I'm not sure the driver has actually been updated correctly.