Pistar not linked to QRZ

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by J35V, Jan 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. J35V

J35V Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    I am hoping someone can offer help.

As an owner and user of the digital VHF / UHF transceivers for a few years typically my hotspot "Pi-star" within the dashboard list, all call signs would be hyperlink to QRZ.COM for a lookup of Amateur Radio Operators. Recently with an update all pi-star lookups are now directed to RadioID.

I would like to configure it back to QRZ ?

thanks,

2. W1WKW

W1WKW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

i am with you, i liked qrz better myself

3. W1WKW

W1WKW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. W4NNF

To get back to Zed lookups...

1. Update your dashboard.
    2. Go to page 4 in the messages. RadioID.net vs. QRZ.com - Page 4 - forum.pistar.uk .
    3. Click on the second link in MW0MWZ's message (you'll have to log into the config as usual), and enter the QRZ info on the lookup section exactly as shown.

:)

upload_2021-1-27_8-53-12.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    KO4BCN and W7TCT like this.
  6. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Much awesomeness! I used the first link as my hotspot address is pi-star.local. As the note in the link above mentioned, after you run update, the dashboard settings may not include the Lookup fields. Just click the Factory Reset to have it show up.

Also, I made my window size 1200 and 700.

Thanks again.

7. W5DLA

W5DLA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, worked for me I used the link
    http://pi-star.local/admin/expert/edit_dashboard.php
    I had to change pi-star.local to the IP address it went right to it. I actually had two pi-star windows opened at once. I made changes on the admin page and hit update on the other window on the config page. Clicked back to the dashboard and tested a call sign on America.link went straight to QRZ.

W4NNF likes this.
  8. W4NNF

Let me add that anybody who likes RadioID can choose that/stay with that. Me? I log my D-Star contacts (so I can know if I've worked you before, what we talked about, etc.), and it's so easy to log with QRZ that I will continue on with the good, old Zed.

9. KB1ILJ

KB1ILJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't have the pop up size variables, but I changed it to QRZ and it worked. I also see now that next to the call sign it says GPS if you click on it it brings up APRS.FI I have this version of Pi-Star Pi-Star:3.4.17 / Dashboard: 20210128

10. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

The 0128 dashboard update removed the popup and went back to opening in a browser tab like before.