Pink Slip Confession Booth

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Jan 14, 2022 at 6:45 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Reveal all!
    How many here have ever gotten an FCC "QSL card?"
    I got my one and only FCC pink slip three weeks after getting my Novice ticket. I was borrowing my Elmer's rig, which had a VFO that ran backwards on 40 meters....I didn't notice. I was just a SLIVER outside the Novice band, and only called CQ about three times. The FCC was really on their toes then.
    After I 'splained my transgression, all was forgiven. I wasn't even confined to the corner for a day or two.

Your turn.

KI6MU, N3RYB, KF5RRF and 2 others like this.
  2. G3EDM

G3EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

Were you allowed to use a VFO? Presumably it was after the Novice rules were changed in the 1970s?

My nose is clean so far, here in UK. I'm not sure how the authorities contact you if you transgress here. I flirted with the bottom of the band edge of 40m for a while but have now stopped doing that! I was always inside the band, but only just.... That crystal has been retired!

73 de Martin, G3EDM

3. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think anything happens nowadays,
    You can pretty much do as you want, Without the fear of AROS kicking down your door.

I think local vigilantes are left to police newbies running only 10 watts (To a linear)

Pass the wouff-hong !

wh2.gif

Boss, This is serious! It's gonna need the Rettysnitch!!

rs2.gif

Bend over Junior!!

N0NB, W3SY and K0UO like this.
  4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, this was RIGHT after we got VFOs

5. K4PDM

K4PDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In my Novice days I got an FCC notice for operating 100Hz outside of the 40M Novice band.

6. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel deprived, (No, NOT "depraved!:p) but I never got one to show for my efforts.:( Guess some of us were (and still are) silly enough to abide by §Part 97.:rolleyes:

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Just beware of the Uggerumph! (It's too :eek:horrific to even picture here.)

9. K5ITM

K5ITM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh… *those* pink slips. Here I thought you were street racing.

WZ7U, W5INC and N1VAU like this.
  10. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have received 2 OO reports, but they were both for Good operating, I still don't know how I got those .... .. HI
    It must have been the other guy I was talking to, he's a good friend, and most importantly and a great operator.

Screenshot_20220114-072250_Chrome.jpg

K8PG, N3RYB, WD8T and 3 others like this.