Pictures of Unopened Boxes?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WA5VHU, Sep 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA5VHU

WA5VHU Ham Member QRZ Page

My for sale post of a Hy-Gain AV-18HT Hy-Tower and options was removed because I didn't open the factory sealed boxes. If I change the ad to say in-person pickup or meet only, no shipping, do I still have to open the boxes and take pictures of the insides? I really don't want to break the factory seals/staples.

Charles

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's in the QRZ Swap Meet rules - see item two below

1. Photos are REQUIRED for all sale listings. All For-Sale or For-Trade items must include a picture of the actual item being offered for sale or trade. Photos must also meet the following requirements:
      1. Photos must be clear, focused, and of sufficient resolution (minimum 640x480).
      2. Boxed, new or used gear must be opened with the contents clearly shown.
      3. Stock photos, manufacturer photos, or photos of similar but not the actual item being offered not permitted.
      4. Callsign in Photo - all sellers are strongly encouraged to protect their photos by including a representation of their call sign in the picture, adjacent to the item being offered. If at all possible, it is advisable to include a picture of the serial number of the item. By marking your pictures with a call sign, you make it difficult for a scammer to use your photo on another site.
    I hope this helps explain.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If it's important to document that the box was unopened before you opened it to photograph the contents, make a video of you opening it, or a series of photos.

WA5VHU likes this.
  4. WA5VHU

WA5VHU Ham Member QRZ Page

The antenna sold fairly quickly through one of the other classifieds so opening the boxes was not necessary, thanks!

5. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Why? As a potential buyer, I am interested in the contents, not an unopened box.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Awesome! Of course, the rules still remain in place at QRZ regardless

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2FIR likes this.