ad: k1jek

Pictures in For Sale Forums

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KA2IRQ, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've heard for years about how great cell phone cameras are... so please, us "shoppers" beg you... when you post items for sale, please, please, please make sure the photo is well lit and in focus!

I shouldn't have to ask the seller to send better pictures. If you're sloppy with the pics, how do I know you won't be just as sloppy with the transaction? Before posting, please look at your pictures carefully to make sure they are actually showing the detail of the items you are selling.

Dark, fuzzy pictures come across as trying to hide something, to be honest.

Thanks!

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

When you post something, please, please, please make sure the post is in the correct forum.
    We shouldn't have to ask a Moderator to move your post to the correct forum. If you're sloppy with your posts . . . . well, you get the picture (pun intended). Before posting, please look at your post to make sure it is going in the correct forum.
    Sorry, woke up kinda early, bored, and just couldn't resist.

K3XR likes this.
  3. KA2IRQ

This seemed like the most appropriate forum, since posting it in the "for sale" forum would have required a label like "for sale" or "wanted" etc., and none of those are appropriate either. It will not let you post to that forum with a "no label" subject.

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the 'Scams' forum and I agree that some scammers have intentionally used crappy photos but I don't think that was the thrust of your message. Here's what AA7BQ says about what should be posted in this forum:
    Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting

Perhaps the sixth item in the Online Swapmeet would be more appropriate? Take a look and see what you think.
    Swapmeet Talk

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Moved to proper forum

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ likes this.
  6. KA2IRQ

Thanks Dave.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You're welcome

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. You should take good pictures using the proper setting.

upload_2019-6-30_9-42-52.png

9. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Even the lousiest phones these days can take decent pictures as long as there's adequate light.
    Some of these pics are so bad you do have to wonder if it's deliberate, do they not look at them when they post the ad?

KA2IRQ likes this.