pic size with mobile app?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K7JOE, Jul 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

using the mobile app, never had a problem before posting pics with my ads. Iphone. Now I get "too big file" error every time - my pics are suddenly too big. Whats the setting (phone or QRZ) to allow a quick listing and small picture size.

Otherwise, site becomes too big a hassle to re-size every photo via taking on phone, sending by mail to PC, downloading from PC to resize software, resize pic, upload to QRZ, and in the mean time the mod yells because a pic wasn't posted...etc etc.

Used to work.. now it doesn't. Advice...

2. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Joe,
    If it worked before and now it doesn't, sounds like maybe the default picture size has changed on your phone.
    Photos need to be 920kb or less.

3. KA2CDT

KA2CDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I get the same message as well. Never a problem until recently. I use my iPad or iPhone to take a picture but get the threaded "file to big" message. I have to down size all my pictures now before I can list.

4. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

yep...that's what's happening. thanks for confirming. Perhaps it's a software bug in the 'zed.
    It used to do this a few years back, but an upgrade of the 'ZED forum software, I think, finally solved the problem

wonder if it's something in iOS to get us to use more icloud or phone RAM space (more money for apple)... you can't directly change the photo size in iOS 11.41 that I can see. Resizing is the only way to do that.

It's not a useful site unless this gets fixed...too much hassle...over to QTH>..

PS. The munsters...probably one of my all time favorite TV shows. Herman was a ham. And the munster koach was a classic from George Barris

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018