ad: portazero-1

pi-star connection problem. Need tips.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by SV2EVS, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone,

Did an upgrade to my internet connection, new modem and my pi-star can't connect to our local server on DMR+ network. Looked also for a BM connection, didn't happen either

What i get from the pi-star log screen is:

Starting logging, please wait...
    E: 2019-05-21 10:22:24.118 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
    M: 2019-05-21 10:22:24.118 DMR, Closing DMR Network
    M: 2019-05-21 10:22:24.118 DMR, Opening DMR Network

Pi and modem/router have uPNP enabled.

2. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Make sure the pi-star has the correct DNS.

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was having trouble with Pi-Star for a couple of weeks. It would disconnect from my preferred (D-Star) reflector every night. The Pi-Star folks sent out a dashboard update a couple of days ago, however, and the problem went away. Not saying that the old Dashboard was the cause of your problem, but you might want to try everything again today.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would disable UPnP and set it up manually.

Good Luck.

5. SV2EVS

There is no menu that sets the dns on pi star as far as a know off. It pings everywhere thow... Just does not connect to the server

6. SV2EVS

I am trying again, now that you said it i did an update the other Day but didnt see if it started from that point not to connect. Problem is that pi has Internet connection but does not connect to a server

7. SV2EVS

There are several ports to open, i dont think that this is my problem because it was set as now to upnp and working... This is my Last choice

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Turning it off now will keep you from having problems in the future, Like you are having now.

You have better control setting the ports that you want open.

I am not paranoid about hackers, But UPnP can be fun for others on a network to play with.

Just saying.

9. SV2EVS

I have my brother taking care of this issue, he is IT expert on that. It is very handy for me this way...and everything used to 'play around' with no problem until now with a new modem.

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm running pi-star on a spare RPi2, using a ZumSpot. I rely on it for upnp, because I'm lazy. Running the latest release. Using both DMR and D-zast-Star.

Haven't noticed any connection issues. Got a new modem+router yesterday. Fiber to the house, 70Mbps down, and up!