ad: Schulman-1

Photos and Captions Only Line Up when page is Maximized

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by W6YA, Feb 27, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W6YA

W6YA Subscriber QRZ Page

Recently I added a section to my QRZ page at the bottom, which was a bunch of photos with captions perfectly lined up. When the page is maximized they all line up perfectly. When the page is "normal" they are all skewed. Why does this happen and how can it be corrected? You can see that problem when checking my W6YA site. Check it maximized first. 73, Jim

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Jim

You just add one line photos and other line text, try used space to centered. It is wrong way. In different size of monitor (window) it will looks different.When you Edit (one size of window) it looks good, but when save and look normal view it was other size of window.
    The best way to customize photos and text below is use tables in one row 3 photos with text below , next again 3 column etc . NOT use space to centered - just set right property of text alight.

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-02-28T00-18-46.215Z.png

Let me know if you need my help with this table.

Vlad UA6JD/W7
    QRZ's senior page designer
    https://ssl.qrz.com/products/subdesign.html

3. W6YA

W6YA Subscriber QRZ Page

Vlad, thanks for that suggestion. I will give it a try today or tomorrow. It makes good sense to do it that way to keep everything lined up. 73, Jim

4. W6YA

W6YA Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I need help. I can't make that table work. I play around to create cell sizes that the images will fit into and room for text underneath, but when I paste the photo the shape of the table goes crazy different. I worked for a while but finally gave up. I don't know what most of those cell setup choices mean. Is it pixels in each cell? So if my photo is 400 pixels on the large side, I would need a 500 pixel wide cell and maybe 600 pixels high to include the text. When I do that the whole shape of the table changes so I delete it. I will come back in about 4 hours and try again. Thanks, Jim

5. UA6JD

6. W6YA

W6YA Subscriber QRZ Page

Vlad, that looks GREAT!!! Thank you very much for the help. I would like to know how you did that in case I want to fix the other images and text on the site. Is there a full explanation on QRZ as to how to use the table to set up the images and text that goes along with them? is it possible to talk by phone or Skype or Signal some time? I want to learn this by myself. Thanks again. I will Email you about some other things related to our ham history and Russian friends from the past. 73, Jim W6YA

7. W6YA

W6YA Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi again, Vlad,

I have one more thing to change on my QRZ site. In the middle of my page are 3 photos that have text captions. When I go from a maximized page to normal page they are all screwed up. Should tables be used to fix this also, or is there a simpler way. I am still struggling trying to figure out how to use tables. I would like to do this myself but don't know how.

73, Jim
    W6YA

8. UA6JD