Photobucket decided to stop hosting images!!! Need Classified add deleted so I may repost it!

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WA6HXG, May 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6HXG

WA6HXG Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Last I heard, They didn't stop hosting images, Thet started charging for hosting pictures that were being linked to from other boards...
    Pissed off a lot of folks, and shot themselves in the foot at the same time...
    I downloaded all my stuff, then deleted it from my account, then closed the account over a year ago....

another "Free" way of doing it would be to open a junk Facebook account & use that just to host the image, Then link to it that way....
    Ymmv

3. WA6HXG

I have a web server I use for business, I just moved them to there. Will download all from Photobucket ASAP.
    They worked perfectly yesterday and today the links are dead???
    Their site went to pot, all adds over and over and over. Never seen anything like it.
    Oh Well...
    Thanks for the tips!

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It looks like you successfully uploaded your photos.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I know, QRZ will host your pictures here, If the file is not to large.

Good Luck on your sale.

6. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are right. QRZ can accept files/photos up to about 920kb.

7. WA6HXG

I just posted a new add.

8. WA6HXG

Thank you! :)

9. ND8D

ND8D Ham Member QRZ Page

imgur.com is my go-to for image hosting.
    free and pretty much drag and drop.

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you were seeing a cached image, PB changed that maybe a year or so ago.