Photo question?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W1BR, Jun 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to list a KMA-1330 log periodic antenna that is being sold pickup only and as a tech special. Needs work due to damaged inner sections that corroded. I can do a photo, but all I can show is a huge pile of aluminum tubing (hard to tell what is what) against my shed wall which is holding up several antennas in similar state. Do I need a photo for a pick up only, no shipping?

2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what it says in the rules.
    5. "Items which are listed as PICKUP ONLY are exempt from the callsign-in-picture requirement, so long as the item is offered EXCLUSIVELY as face-to-face (in-person) transaction between the buyer and the seller. The transaction must not require payment prior to the in-person meeting. The moderators may, at their discretion, demand that a photo with the call sign be included if they feel that the wording in the listing is ambiguous.

Looks like you need a picture just not a call sign in the picture since it is a pick up item. Hope this helps.
    (I Think??) You can read and decide.

John, WB0MPB

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

^^^

What he said

Face to Face transactions eliminate most scam options, and pretty much 100% of Nigerian scams :)

No call sign required.

But in the event where the seller is at all ambiguous ("I suppose I could ship if you really wanted to pay the freight"), then a call sign is still required

Dave
    W7UUU

4. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    Your thread FS: KMA-1330 log periodic--tech special! PICK UP ONLY!! was deleted. Reason: Photo required, ad deleted.
    3:25 PM

so, a photo is needed?

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

YES!