ad: elecraft

Phishing Scam Affects Local Ham Club

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4CDN, Aug 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4CDN

K4CDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just made aware of a Phishing Scam that is utilizing the logo and web address of my local club here in Spartanburg SC. I thought I'd share with everyone as a heads up. Following is the text from the K4II club president and a screen shot of the email received.

Our Club name and logo are being used in a phishing email (partial screen shot is below). Thank you to Mark Thompson to bringing this to our attention and to Keith and Rick for researching and ensuring our web site is safe and has not been affected.

Please do not respond to this email in any way. The best thing to do is delete it. We will continue to research this and take further action if warranted.

Please know that any charity the club decides to support would be announced at meetings and on the nets after discussion by the board and the membership. At this time there are no charities we are supporting so please do not make donations because of an email that is not supported with information from meetings and nets.

Thank you!

Lisa Davis
    N4BOO

[​IMG]

WB5THT likes this.