ad: k1jek

Phillip Ray May, Sr. "K5AZU", Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K5CJU, Dec 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K5CJU

K5CJU Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr. Phillip Ray May, Sr. "K5AZU", passed away on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, at North Oaks Hospital,
    Hammond, LA. He was 80 years of age, and was a Amateur Radio Operator since he was 18 years old, a former U.S. Air Force veteran, worked for numerous companies, and retired with WAFB-Television Station in Baton Rouge, LA with 30 years of service. Visitation will be at the Brandon G. Thompson Funeral Home, Hammond, LA from 11:00 a.m til 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 26, 2017. Burial will follow the chapel service and burial will be in Arcola, LA. Phillip Ray May, Sr. was an electronics genius, and his big love was for doing Earth-Moon-Earth contacts across the world. He will be terribly missed by all!

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Phillip R. May, Sr, K5AZU SK

[​IMG]

10-10 Number: 09990

Phillip 'Ray' May Sr.
    August 3, 1937 - December 20, 2017
    Ray went to his heavenly home on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at the age of 80. He was a resident of Natalbany as well as a member of Natalbany Baptist Church. Ray was also a member of the Southeast Louisiana Radio Club as well as the Band of Brothers. He was the electronic genius behind the scenes of television broadcasting. Ray was a MacGyver when it came to the electronics of early broadcasting. He retired early and traveled the world with his beloved wife in their motorhome. Ray was a loving husband, father, brother, grandfather and great-grandfather that is already deeply missed.
    Ray is survived by his beloved wife of 60 years, Alberta May; daughter, Mary Muscarello and husband Mark; sons, Robert Ray and wife Sandra May, Phillip Ray May and wife Lauren, and Terry May and wife Paige; brother, Joe May and wife Anite; grandchildren, Mindy Notariono, Michelle Fischer, Matt Muscarello, Lily May, Willow and Fiona May, Abby May; great-grandchildren, Holly Muscarello, Vivian Muscarello, Kadence Fischer, and Jeremy Fischer.
    He is preceded in death by his brothers, John May, R.E. May, and Huey May; and parents, Raiford and Mary May.
    In lieu of flowers the family has requested that donations be made to The Natalbany Baptist Youth Department, thank you.
    Relatives and friends of the family are invited to attend the visitation from the chapel of Brandon G. Thompson Funeral Home, Hammond, on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 from 11:00 am until the Funeral Service at 1:00 p.m. Dr. Rodney Taylor and Pastor Gary Dennis will officiate the service with interment to follow in Arcola-Roseland Cemetery.
    http://www.thompsoncares.com/obituaries/Phillip-Ray-May/#!/Obituary

3. AA5FJ

AA5FJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ray was my elmer and a most generous person. He was a father figure to me and helped me and many others beyond just ham radio. He loaned me his top notch ham shack for about ten or eleven years in a row for the December Ten Meter Contest. I worked with his son, Bobby at WAFB-TV for a few years, and was great friends with his youngest son, Terry for many years. Ray's presence was sorely missed at this year's SELARC Hamfest. K5AZU SK.