Persistence pays!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NM7G, Oct 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Just logged A82X on 30m CW; a new band-country for me. "Big deal" you say? It made me feel good, working through the Midwest and east coast pile, using a 20m/15m antenna and 100W. One hundred plus 30 meter new ones so far with my unorthodox antenna plus patience.

WA6MHZ, W4IOA, PY2RAF and 1 other person like this.
  2. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done, NM7G!

I can relate. I got into the pileup about 30 minutes or so before supper. We went out to eat, came back, and I got back in. Finally worked him. BIG pileup. Great op on the DX end of the transaction! 100 watts and a Carolina Windom (10m-40m).

So, at least the pressure is off. We can hunt him on other bands with a little less anxiety:D

W4IOA likes this.
  3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Anytime I made a dx contact out of Oregon I felt pretty accomplished. Liberia is a good catch and would make a nice card in the collection.

4. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

A great op often makes all the difference between success and failure, particularly for weaker stations.
    Ironically, Liberia was one of the first Africa dx entities I worked (EL4A) in early 1960s. I used a very low dipole and 75 watts input on 40m. to a DX-40. The sunspots were much more favorable then.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  5. KE4YOG

KE4YOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats!!