ad: elecraft

PEANUT for Ham Radio. Enjoy Q5 worldwide rag chews for FREE

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AH6GT, Sep 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AH6GT

AH6GT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was introduced to PEANUT a few months ago, as an alternate to buying a DMR radio and hotspot.
    PEANUT does not actually involve radio waves in the ham bands, but it is a system that uses voice-over-internet and it DOES require a valid ham radio license. It runs on any Android device, or Windows 10 computer, and I have installed it on my iMac by using the Bluestacks android emulator. No other equipment to buy. No other costs.

Audio quality if better than a local FM repeater, even when working operators on the other side of the world.
    There is a 3 minute timer built into the system, so it has some of the feel of working a local repeater.

The people I have met on PEANUT have been a pleasure to chat with. Mostly older, retired folks like myself who enjoy a good conversation better than working a new country on FT8.

There are a few steps involved in getting started with PEANUT. I created a page which lists these steps, and how to quickly get up and running. https://www.konaweb.com/net/peanut.html

Aloha, and hope to hear you on PEANUT

NK8I and VE3GCX like this.