ad: elecraft

PC sound card for FT8?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by VE3KIU, Aug 12, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a Xonar SE. Trouble is W10 has taken over the driver and the Asus interface no longer works. Sound card works, but not like it should, I get about half the V out of the speakers compared to the Xonar interface and the line in seems to have gone into ALC gain, I have to use the Mic input with no boost. It was about $35. Frequency range is very flat and it's a 192 kHz sample rate, 116dB SNR.

2. KK4GGL

KK4GGL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Uh ... no.

I have been using Signalinks for a few years. I have not switched the radio to vox. That is set in the software. There is no switching back and forth. Fire up fldigi or wsjt-x and do digital stuff. Exit the app, change band or band location and do CW or SSB. No fiddling.

And you don't have to get the correct model for your radio. You do have to order the correct cable and if the correct jumper module unless you wire it yourself.

3. AA4PB

AA4PB Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets see, he said he has CAT working but no sound card. If he buys a RigBlaster then he has two CAT devices and still no sound card. That's why I suggested a SignaLink because it has a built-in sound card and built-in PTT. He can use his existing CAT cable.

4. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

If this is the model you refer to, yes, it should work fine.

https://www.amazon.ca/Sabrent-Alumi...words=sabrent+usb+sound&qid=1597894951&sr=8-5

This is the replacement for the venerable Syba AUD that is no longer available.

As for connections: Audio out of the transceiver goes into the MIC of the soundcard. Audio out of the soundcard goes into the MIC of the transceiver.

I'm not familiar with the 5000MP, but you may be able to use the transceiver's AUX for a cleaner connection.

5. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I didn't say he should buy a RigBlaster. The discussion wandered off to RigBlaster vs SignalLink.

I originally said he didn't need an add on device other than an inexpensive USB thumb sound card.

See my post #5 and #8 in this thread.