ad: M2Ant-1

PC-16000A

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K9FOH, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. K9FOH

K9FOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, there are HF transceivers made in the USA besides the enviable Elecraft K-2.  The Patcomm PC-16000A is also one of the few, domestic or import, rigs that has NO options to purchase!  A few of the major features include:

-  General coverage receiver.
        -  CW & RTTY/ASCII operation with a keyboard interface, and Patcomm includes the keyboard.  I hadn't worked RTTY since my Air Force days on Okinawa in the mid 1960s.  But with the PC-16000A it's a ball.
        -  Collins IF 2.4khz & 500hz filters are standard.
        -  AF DSP filtering with VOGAD and RF clipping.  
        -  Three antenna connections allow a variety of antennas to be conected without external switching.
        -  Large, easy to read digital readout displays both Send and Receive frequency, time, and memory channel.
        -  Built-in keyer for external paddle or use the keyboard to send CW.  A straight key may also be plugged in as well .

This has been a very user-friendly radio.  I've used Collins, Drake, Hallicrafters, Heathkit, etc, and many imports, but the PC-16000A is now my main QRO rig (I don't run a linear).  The factory has been very responsive to email and telephone queries and I highly recommend the rig for anyone wanting to support an  American amateur radio company.  

I was so impressed with the Patcomm company that I added the "Mama" rig, the PC-9000 (sadly no longer available), and the "Baby" Patcomm, the PC-500 dual bander.  I'll be adding a posting on those rigs later.  

Cheers,  Bob,  K9FOH

Added: I forgot to include Patcomm's WEB site:

www.patcommradio.com & email: patccomm1@aol.com

ex:  KR6FJ, Okinawa;  KA2BL, Japan;  KA1DX & KA1BL Marcus Island;  KA1CQ, Iwo Jima;  and, G5EBA, England.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.