Paypal wants more information than previously

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA3LKN, Apr 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

And BTW, the call center person indicated the next time I sell something and get a paypal balance the request for additional info request will pop again

And I'll ignore it again.

KA9MOT likes this.
  2. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

This. The IRS now requires PayPal to report more than 200 transactions or $20,000. They require this information for the 1099 Tax Form they will allow you to download because the IRS wants it's money.

PayPal thinks your account is a business account.

3. KA9MOT

This!

4. KA9MOT

Because you checked the box that told them too. Call PayPal, they'll tell you how to fix it. That is so much easier than thinking PayPal is taking advantage of you and posting things on the internet that weren't PayPal's fault.
    I'm on the phone with PayPal several times a year...the results of those phone calls is always satisfactory.

5. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Change your payment preferences as follows:

Log into your Paypal account and click on "cog wheel" icon in the top right corner to go to your Profile page.
    Click on the Payments tab.
    Click on Your Preferred Way To Pay.
    Scroll down and click on On Line Purchases.
    Change your preference to Your Paypal Balance.

Done! ;)

K7MH, AJ4GQ and K4AGO like this.
  6. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you sure you didn't provide PP with your SS# when you established your account?

Go to your Paypal profile page ... by clicking the "cog wheel" icon on the opening page.

When I do that, one of the items on my profile page is SS# ... which --along with all the other information there-- I must have provided when I established my PP account.

;)

AJ4GQ likes this.
  7. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is fake. Not from PayPal.
    John
    K4AGO

8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I just had the same experience today. My previous purchases and "send money for goods and services" transactions had defaulted to my PP Mastercard because that's how I had it set up. My funds for my transaction today were taken from my linked checking account, there was no option for me to make a different choice during the transaction, and there was nothing that indicated the funding source until after the transaction was completed. I went back into my account and, lo and behold, PayPal apparently changed the funding source and, contrary to KA9MOT's statement in Post #24, "Because you checked the box that told them too". No, I did not do so. I immediately changed it back, of course. This has nothing to do with the SSN issue as my PP Profile already has my SSN on it which I assume I provided when I opened the account many years ago.
    PayPal seems to be doing its best to annoy its customers and they're succeeding at it.

9. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Several posts in this thread indicate the message did in fact come from PayPal.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  10. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for corroborating the actions I experienced.

AJ4GQ likes this.