ad: hrd-2

PayPal "gift" payments are prohibited

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Asking the Buyer to pay for the fees

It's also a violation to ask the buyer to pay for the fees. Frank, wonder why you're not enforcing that.

2. KE5WWX

KE5WWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I justed noticed this thread. Is that why my 2 ads were removed today?

3. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

4. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Where do I find the Spanish version?

5. WZ3O

WZ3O Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, PayPal found a way to close the"loophole".....

6. K5MO

K5MO Ham Member QRZ Page

The role of QRZ.COM as global enforcer

"The only thing we can enforce, is if you post an item for sale and say you only accept the gift option, it gets deleted, simple."

Maybe once you succeed at enforcing that contractual arrangement between two other parties, you can start enforcing a ban on the sale of 2 wire corded electrical equipment, incandescent bulbs, and amplifiers that will exceed 1500 watts.

The world is full of opportunities once you start volunteering to insert ones self into other people's business arrangements!

John K5MO

7. N8USA

N8USA Ham Member QRZ Page

A direct quote from Paypal:

Sending Money to Friends and Family in the US:
    • FREE when you use your bank account or PayPal balance.When you use a credit or debit card, the cost is 2.9% of the total amount sent plus $0.30 USD per transaction. You choose whether you or the recipient covers this cost.
    Paying for a Product or Service:
    • FREE when you send money to a merchant to pay for something you bought.

8. VE3MPH

VE3MPH Ham Member QRZ Page

paypal is a rip off and so is ebay..I sold something on ebay not long ago and they were trying to charge 9% of the finle selling fees + what it cost me to post it for sale..This is why to high..Why should they get 9% for me selling something on there site when it cost them next to nothing.They wanted almost $28.00 for a item that sold for $475.00 + the shipping..Thats nuts.The last time I sold something on ebay they only wanted 4% now they want 9%. I wont sell on there again because of this..

9. W5XXL

W5XXL Ham Member QRZ Page

$28 for a $475 dollar item is only 6% wich is not too bad.
    I sold an Icom IC718 on ebay for $550 plus $100 for shipping (to Australia)
    Ebay got a total of $64.66 for that auction.
    Needless to say that was the last time I sold a rig on there.
    This could quickly turn into the "I hate Ebay" thread if we arent careful. hi hi.

10. K5UO

K5UO Subscriber QRZ Page

Good or bad, PayPal is the best act in town. Always has been. When I was based abroad it was a godsend for paying bills and making remote purchases. Even when PayPal prohibited my " .ru " ( from my Moscow apartment.) I was able to login at my office with it's " .com " address which was wired, somehow, back to Houston.

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.