PayPal Fee Up-Charging is Prohibited on QRZ

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

That does not say what you have to make the selling price of your item a certain price. It says no surcharge. Setting your price to get what you want for the item is not a surcharge to me. If I said one price but the price is 3 percent more if you want to use PayPal is a surcharge. Do you think that when an ad says shipping included that they are shipping it to you for free? I don't think so. If I am wrong have your lawyer contact my lawyer.
    John, WB0MPB

K3XR likes this.
  2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Take it up with Paypal.

They are the one's who wrote the Paypal agreement.

If you agree to use their services, then you are bound to their terms and conditions...no?

You can't pass along your Paypal fees to the buyer. Period.

3. WB0MPB

It does not say what I have to set my selling price at. If it does I missed that part. When I have sold I have never told anyone to pay me a surcharge for using PayPal.

John, WB0MPB

4. KC8VWM

Great, then you have not violated any Paypal user agreement. Good for you. However, setting an asking price PLUS asking the buyer to pay for your Paypal fee's is a clear violation of the Paypal user agreement.

If you are still in doubt, read the agreement for yourself: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

-----------------

Section 4. Receiving Money.

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method.

--------------

5. WB0MPB

How would you have any idea what my set selling price covers. If I set a price that is the price. It is not like I have to follow a set price in a blue book or something.
    John, WB0MPB

6. KC8VWM

We don't, :) however the title of this thread is as follows....

"PayPal Fee Up-Charging is Prohibited on QRZ"

So let me ask you this... Are you understanding the scope, intention and primary purpose of creating and enforcing this policy on QRZ yet?

Obviously, it is abundantly clear to me that QRZ cannot be positioned to support, promote, encourage or otherwise permit it's users to engage in any activity that is considered a clear violation of the Paypal user agreement between the buyer and the seller occurring on their website.

They just simply cannot permit this activity to occur on their website... The end. You can argue and/or protest with one another about it, try to change the words around so they seem like they have different meanings, slice and dice, or even turn things inside out.

....You are welcome to keep trying but none of that matters, nor will it change anything.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Passing along a PayPal fee to the buyer would mean you have a separate price for the item with PayPal. You and only you set the price and so long as all buyers pay the same price there is no surcharge are we having a holiday on common sense today?

John, WB0MPB and a couple others get the concept.

8. WB0MPB

You don't follow me and I can't explain myself. I set a price. I don't even know if the price covers that item and the PayPal. There is NO way to be that accurate. And I am not saying I am even charging for PayPal. I am just guessing at a price amount I want. Who k owe if that covers the item and the PayPal. It is used. I don't know 100 percent what it is worth. If I don't know if I am charging for PayPal how would you or anyone else know. If it is something new that has a set price then yes you would know. But it is used. There is NO set price. So if I set a price for a used item at $100 can you tell me if I am charging for PayPal? I can't so how can you? I could have decided to charge $120. Now am I charging for PayPal? I don't know cause I can not say 100 percent what the item is worth. So I guess I don't know how I would know if I was breaking the rules or not. I am just guessing at a fair price. In theory yes what ever I set the price it has to cover the item and PayPal. PayPal has to get their money from somewhere. Or am I suppose to take the money I get from the buyer then go somewhere else to get money to pay PayPal to make it legal. I don't see how with used you can know. You just set a price, pay PayPal and then pocket the rest.
    John,

K3XR likes this.
  9. KC8VWM

I am following you 100%.

However, charging a PayPal fee, is charging a PayPal fee.

If you are not doing that, then obviously you have nothing to worry about.

...Are we on the same page now?

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not debating pp's policy. I understand what they want and what I agreed to.

What I don't get is WHY pp gives a damn if I pass their fees on to a buyer.

What I said was pretty clear I think:

WTH does pp care who pays the fee? They get their money one way or the other! I just don't understand the logic, that's all.

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Unverified Sellers - are sellers who have not yet completed the Verified User program at QRZ.
    As of July 1, 2019, only Verified sellers will be permitted to list in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.