PayPal and eBay can and will scam you!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K8CIX, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8CIX

K8CIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have read the reviews of others reference PayPal and also eBay because they are one company now. I recently sold an antique radio to a jerk in Michigan. After receipt and email saying it arrived safe and was working he applied for a "Refund". PayPal accepted his request with no input from me, no case being filed and no authorization from me. So they grabbed $200 from my account. I have no radio and I am out $200. So be careful of their so called "Buyer Protection Program" I disregarded or did not pay attention to the other negative comments, here and other ham sites, because it had not happened to me. Well to sum up I have cancelled my accounts with both eBay and PayPal, after 20+ years. Also note, it is impossible to contact either eBay or PayPal. Only responses to my efforts at contact was 7 generic messages. So please, "Seller Beware" Roger, K8CIX

KB7UXE, KA2FIR and KG5THG like this.
  2. WW1SS

WW1SS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same thing happened to me on 2 different occasions. Guy bought a radio from me for $1200 then turned around 2 weeks later and filed a "not as described" complaint. I told paypal he would get his refund when radio was received. Never received radio and he got his money back.

3. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with you about paypal and ebay. I stopped using those long ago. I hope you file against the buyer in small claims court in your local justification. Also file a criminal complaint on the buyer with his local police department for theft. A better business bureau complaint against paypal is also worth throwing in there for good measure. Never hurts.

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Live and learn.

One reason to visit and support your local Ham Feasts. ;)

KA2FIR likes this.
  5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Name the buyers so sellers can avoid them.

6. K8CIX

admjtkirk Is his eBay and PayPal ID. I have seen him list on the ham sites also.
    He is suppose to have a radio shop or (??) in Plymouth, Michigan. Seems to have
    2 different names.

Name:

Daniel P. Dames
    44621 Meadowcreek Ln
    Canton, MI 48187-2475
    DBA:
    Ellis Turn, LLC
    45854 Mast Suite 101
    Plymouth, MI 48170

7. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I have yet to have ANY bad dealings with eBay or PayPal...
    Not sure how or why you cannot get in touch with them.
    Doesn't sound like the eBay or PayPal I'm dealing with on a daily basis.

8. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

The actual 'scammer' is not eBay or Paypal.

It's the 'Richard Cabezas" that are the scammers and using ebay and paypal as a means to their end.

In a way, ebay and paypal are victims too.

AG5DB and W5PFG like this.
  10. K8CIX

I have said the same thing for over 20 years with eBay and PayPal.
    It had not happened to me because I was very particular in who I sold
    to and their feedback. Well, it finally caught me. I sold to the wrong guy and
    he took advantage of a loop hole in the "Buyer Protection Program"
    I hope for your sake it doesn't catch up to you someday.
    As I said, "Seller Beware" Roger, K8CIX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.