PayPal and chargebacks and K4TFY

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WB6VYH, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB6VYH

WB6VYH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K4TFY and paypal chargeback

Don’t use Paypal. All the person needs to do is call their bank and say, “ I did not authorize that charge” and your money is gone. Paypal will take it back is a heartbeat and not even contact you. Well paypal will ask you to pay up and they have your card number---All you can do is pay.

I sold K4TFY an amp, power supply and AT-500. After 30 days he decided that I needed to help him hook it up right. He had been trying to do it without the ALC connected.

I told him that the amp would not work right without the ALC and he may have damaged the amp.

He did a chargeback through his bank and paypal sent him his money and paypal is telling me there is nothing I can do and they ( paypal) will not do anything. Oh yes, K4TFY will not even send me the equipment back.

Do not think that you are safe using paypal, you are not!!!!!

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a case of fraud. That is a criminal offense, so you need to handle it that way.

If there is a problem with a transaction, and the person gets their money back, they are not entitled to also keep the merchandise. Also, claiming that a transaction was not authorized can also be a case for fraud, since it is apparent that the buyer DID want the merchandise, and indeed received what he was paying for.

You may need to contact the local police in his area to check it out. At least you may be able to get back your stuff. It no longer belongs to him, once he rescinded the transaction.

Joe

3. NM8D

NM8D Ham Member QRZ Page

I use Paypal, but i dont leave the money in my balance just for that reason.
    X-fer it to your bank as soon as its clear.
    Paypal damn sure cant go in your bank account with out your permission

Michael
    nm8d

4. WV0J

WV0J Ham Member QRZ Page

Paypal Can go into your bank account.

Paypal can get the money back from your account at will. You gave them permission when you had your account confirmed. Remember the pennies they put in and then took back out? Paypal will always win. You just don't have a chance.

Steve WV0J

5. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Yes they can...

As long as you have a bank account registered with Pay Scam, they can take "their money" out of your account whether you like it or not, whether you can prove your item was delivered or not...doesn't matter to them. They do NOT protect small volume sellers.

6. WI0X

WI0X Ham Member QRZ Page

i have used paypal for many years and have had a few attempts of a scrupulous/scammer concocting various schemes to get over paypal and myself... i usually allow due process and I would get things to my satisfaction...i would say paypal is the safer way of conducting online business if its to be done. It is the lack of morals in an individual that can mess up ones day.

7. K4TEC

K4TEC Ham Member QRZ Page

Having over 19,000 PayPal transactions let me just tell you that PayPal can do what ever they want to, Lucky for me I have an excellent accouint manager but even so I still get messed around and if some one files a chargeback,, well good luck with that.
    Call the local police close to where the buyer resides and Attorney General in that state,, that will certainly help as the Att Gen can contact paypal and they dont like that but they may look at things in a different light hihi
    Just truing to help here.
    Best 73s
    K4TEC

8. KC9UFH

KC9UFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, Paypal can hold your money hostage anytime they chose to do so. Ohh you sent the radio, well the buyer says it wasnt as described. Money isnt in your paypal account or in your bank account? No problem, they pt it in collections and If you dont pay they tank your credit score. Not much different that organized crime If you ask me.

9. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the world of Paypal. Anytime you use Paypal as a seller you are doom. They control YOUR money and can do whatever they want with them.
    e.g. Let's say you sell a radio to someone, that someone can remove the parts he needs then tell Paypal that the radio doesn't work. He gets a refund, keeps the parts for free and you end up with a broken radio. You also lose the money it cost to ship the radio.. Good Luck everyone !
    Sellers, continue using Paypal. I promise that one of these days someone will rip you off and then you'll stop, like I did.

Then you have QRZ worrying about paypal gift payments. Give me a break for crying out loud.

10. K4AJP

K4AJP Ham Member QRZ Page

Great thread, Guys.

I thought the trick was to keep 2 accounts and move the money out of reach but I
    see that Pay Pal can tank your Credit Score which is just as bad or worse.

Now I'd like to know - What **are** the best ways to sell on E-bay ? I never have
    sold before but I've been in the process of upgrading my Ham equipment via E-Bay
    purchases and intended to sell the old stuff once my (semi) new shack is set-up.
    I don't want to hear about Ham-Fests or Craig's List please. I'm asking about E-bay
    best methods.

Please accept my thanks in advance,

K4AJP/Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.