ad: Radclub22-1

Patricia Elaine Gibbons WA6UBE SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Patricia Elaine Gibbons WA6UBE SK

Patricia Elaine Gibbons WA6UBE
    , well known for her interest in Military and Tactical Communications equipment and techniques, has passed away

Bonnie Crystal KQ6XA writes:

11 Mar 2010. With great sadness, I regret to inform that Patricia (Trish) Elaine Gibbons WA6UBE (SK) died in the arms of her spouse last night, of an apparent cardiac problem, while she was out at a coffeehouse get-together with friends.

Elaine is very well-known for her "armyradios" group and her activities in the field of radio communications. She was an avid enthusiast of mil radios, encryption, rifles, spy books, and 3d virtual worlds. Elaine had retired from a 30+ year career in Public Safety Communications in Silicon Valley, California.

Elaine is survived by her wife, Ms. Carla Satra, and her brother. Memorial plans are not announced yet.

She and Carla, her loving partner of 23 years, were one of the few couples who wed when California initially legalized gay marriage in 2008.

I will always remember the twinkle in her eyes whenever Elaine was around radios, her life's passion. Her kind gentle spirit and outgoing personality touched all those around her. We will miss her deeply.

WA6UBE, your signal will go on forever.

http://tactical-link.com/tricias_pages.htm

Bonnie Crystal KQ6XA

Patricia Elaine Gibbons WA6UBE Blog
    http://wa6ube.blogspot.com/

WA6UBE - Tactical Link Systems
    http://www.tactical-link.com/

Get Southgate Amateur Radio News by Email

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

2. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

My condolences and sympathy to all who knew her.

One of the things I guess I found so unique about the SF Bay Area from having lived and worked there was its diversity.

I have and always will believe that characteristic supports world-class innovation and creativity like no other. All one need do is look around.

May she rest in peace.

3. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

I met Trish at a couple of HFPack functions in the Bay Area. It's a shock to hear she's gone. My condolences to her family and friends.

Cortland
    KA5S

4. W6JED

W6JED Ham Member QRZ Page

Meeting Trish on RTTY over 25 years, I knew she was a brilliant and unique person.

Finally getting to meet her in person several times at Ham Conventions and having lunch, yes indeed we were impressed with her technical abilities.

To claw your way up the ladder in her job, based upon technical ability was truly amazing.

One amazing story. I sold her a RC Glider, which she had never flown before. She learned to fly it by herself and never crashed it!

Our thoughts and prayers are with Carla and the family.

We will miss you.

BILL W6JED

5. K7IN

K7IN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Patricia was a friend and great source of information especially on military "green" radios. She posted photos of my comm van project several years ago and also of my radio operator days while in Viet Nam with the Marines.... She was was unique person and a kind an gentle soul. She will be missed by many....

Paul Cavnar - K7IN
    (former NN7B)

6. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

WA6UBE (sk)

Farewell, Elaine.

7. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad!

God rest her soul and may her husband find comfort in knowing she's in a better place.

Our condolences!

73!

8. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

It was always nice to talk to her when she called. She was one of our long time customers and a very cool person.

She'll be missed

RIP my friend.

9. W7LHT

W7LHT Ham Member QRZ Page

Elaine will be missed I know for a fact I enjoyed her youtube videos and became more interested in CW by watching them. I think the next youtubers on the air will not be the same without her there

10. VO1XH

VO1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

WA6UBE SK

Sorry to hear of Elaine's passing,she had some great youtube videos and she was a wealth of knowledge in the area of military and emergency radio. She will be greatly missed. May God bless her family and friends at this time.73 VO1XH,Don

11. WA5VQM

WA5VQM Guest

My condolences to Carla, her family, and friends.

Although we were both hams, my encounters with Elaine weren't on the radio but on YouTube. She was my first subscriber and didn't know I was a ham until she noticed something in the background on one of my videos.

She was a nice lady and I'm sorry to hear of her passing.

73, Mark

12. WQ1O

WQ1O Ham Member QRZ Page

She was a talented and wonderful person. She will be missed by all.

13. KC5MO

KC5MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another great loss for ham radio. I was just watching her video on the TRC-77not long ago. If you looked up NVIS, military radios or even the M37 Dodge you have seen her name and or call sign. She will be missed.

Herb
    KC5MO

14. G6PBS

G6PBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad news

I never met Elaine in person but followed her on you tube. Really loved all her videos on the use of CW especially using military radios.

Very sad to hear of her passing away. My thoughts and best wishes to all her family and friends.

73 WA6UBE de G6PBS E E

15. KU5Q

KU5Q QRZ Lifetime Member #625 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My condolences.

Prayers for comfort for the acquaintances, friends, and loved ones she left in her passing. Another good soul is called home. May she rest easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.