ad: QSKLLC-1

Passing the QRZ Technician tests consistently now

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by DWHEELER, Aug 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. DWHEELER

DWHEELER QRZ Member

I've passed this test 15 times in a row now. I can't actually test until mid September. How do you stay sharp and continue to remember the information without using it. Should I just take a test or two a day until then? I'd like your ideas and know what you did to stay sharp until you were able to test.

Thanks!

2. N4WN

N4WN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I’d suggest you identify the questions that give you trouble and focus on those for a few minutes each day. Also, keep taking the practice tests periodically and include any questions you miss (or guess on) in your daily review sessions.

W9WQA and DWHEELER like this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Go online and do a virtual test now.

With CV19 There are many organizations performing those/ probably almost daily at this point .
    Do a search/ take the test get on the Air
    73 hope to work you soon

DWHEELER likes this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. And pizza helps.

DWHEELER likes this.
  5. DWHEELER

DWHEELER QRZ Member

So I don’t have to take the test locally? Any club that offers it online will work?

K0UO likes this.
  6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps, if you "expand" your study material, you would already know the answer to questions that are not verbatim from the written test questions.

Good Luck.

K4AGO and DWHEELER like this.
  7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes any group online

DWHEELER likes this.
  8. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And if you find you still have time before you test, you might as well start working on the General exam questions. They are not much harder than the Technician test questions and if you can get comfortable with them, you should be able to knock out a "two-fer" at the exam session.

Good luck and good testing!

Regards,
    -Bruce

KD2TTM and DWHEELER like this.
  9. K4AGO

K4AGO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The Technician exam is so easy that once you know the material, you don't need to focus and stay sharp. I have personally Elmered more than a few eleven and twelve-year-olds who have aced the Technician exam.

10. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Age means nothing. Those same 12 year olds are probably taking exams in school that many hams here could not pass. Remember the show, "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?". The fifth graders usually won.