Passed my Tech today

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KD0MVA, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KD0MVA

KD0MVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I just managed to pass my Tech exam earlier today and nearly managed to pass the General as well. I was only off by 5 q's for the general, which I didnt even study for but had helped my friend study for so he could pass his general today.
    Talk about awesome. Cant wait to start chatting on the air.
    Monika in Evans, CO

2. KJ4YQA

KJ4YQA Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats

Congratulations, Monika. Good going. With just a little bit of studying, looks like you could clear the General with ease. Try the General question bank here on QRZ. Thats how I passed the Tech and General in one sitting.

Enjoy.

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations and welcome to Ham Radio.
    You are only a few hours study from your General
    GO FOR IT :)

4. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

congrats on passing but be careful it's addicting:D

5. KD0MVA

KD0MVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks all. I am just waiting to show up in the ULS database so I can start hamming it up. My friend will be letting me borrow one of his radios until either the end of the semester or I can get one of my own.
    So, if anyone knows of a Yaesu VX8R or equivalent handheld selling for real cheap, please let me know. As a college student, I cant afford much so I need to find one that is going as cheaply as possible.
    Thanks,
    Monika

6. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got back from a week in Longmont, and I had fun with my Wouxun KG-UVD1P and UVD2 handhelds while I was there. At least from my motel on I25, I had no trouble working repeaters from Fort Collins to Golden.

The Wouxun's are quite cheap. I paid $107 for mine, but I think the price has gone up slightly to around $120 now.

7. NM8W

NM8W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats on getting your ticket! I just got my General this past March, and have had an absolute blast. I'm sure you will as well.

I know you mentioned you're looking for a used VX8R, but can I suggest another HT that is a LOT of bang for the buck, and a good performer? Check out the FT-60R. New: $189.95. And even cheaper used of course. I love mine.

8. KC9SYJ

KC9SYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats,Monika,on your first ham radio license. I would look into the FT-60R
    Yaesu radio first,...I am thinking of trading my Alinco HT for one as I want both 2m and 440 mhz,...my Alinco only has 2m. Your next step,...upgrade to
    General Class,...I am studying for mine myself!

73s
    Dewey
    KC9SYJ

9. N4KEY

N4KEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats

Good Job on passing exam...I know you will have alot of fun, I really enjoy building antenna's so there always somthing to do in hamradio. I have a Yaesu vx 170 with moble antenna and the adapter to hook up to moble antenna and the charger, box receipt. I have it listed on here but if you are intrested I will sale it all to you for $100.00 dollars plus shipping, It is like new I bought it and used it twice on road trip......so get back with me if intrested and congrats again....have fun.......73's

10. KD0MVX

KD0MVX Ham Member QRZ Page

Monika, you and I must have gotten our tickets about the same time. Look at our callsigns. I also just passed my technician license and live in the same area of the country. I am in South Dakota.

When I first read your callsign I thought there was a mistake since they are very close.

Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.