passed General Exam on March 13, but still not in FCC database

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KI5PGJ, Apr 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KI5PGJ

KI5PGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello

I passed my Technician and General on March 13 at a local Amateur Radio club affiliated with W5YI. For the last several weeks I check FCC ULS database to find my call sign but it still isn't there.

I contacted W5YI directly earlier this week and they said they did submit my information but there was an issue with FCC batch upload and the FCC is working on it.

However I see on your forum there is a daily update of new, upgraded or renewed licenses so I know FCC system is working.

Is there anything I can do ? Or do I just wait in limbo?

thanks

N2HUN likes this.
  2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

1. Wait.
    2. Contact the VEC for updates.
    3. Re-wax your antenna for best reception! ;)

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Things just take time with the FCC these days.

Just hang in there.

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KI5PGJ

yeah, I posted , then read a very long thread where other's talk about wait, and wait, and wait.

so it sounds like it happens when it happens, doesn't mean I don't want to join in on some of the local nets

I'll just start studying for my Extra :)

thanks

5. NN5AA

NN5AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Believe me when I say, "Patience is a Virtue" in this hobby, in more ways than one !!

Congrats on getting your ticket, every day will be a learning experience from now on.:cool:

73, Vince - NN5AA

6. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, "patience is a Virtue". When I upgraded from General to Extra (1999), I took the Advanced and Extra written test in the same VE session (including the 20WPM Code test). It was 6 weeks before anything came in the mail. And, that was only my Advanced class license. It was another 4 to 6 weeks before my Extra class license arrived. The timeline is much better now, but it still takes time.

7. N2HUN

N2HUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on passing your General exam, have lots of fun with ham radio,

8. KI5PGJ

thanks for all the supportive comments.

I've been dusting off 40 something year old Electronic theory from when I went to school for Laser Electro-Optics / Digital Electronics. While in tech school I took FCC Class 1 radiotelephone license, not getting a good enough score for Class 1, but good enough to get a Class 2 radiotelephone license. Which I let lapse when it expired as it didn't seem to be a very useful license to have.

When I graduated I promptly put all the skills aside, going to work as a semiconductor engineering tech for Intel 6 months before the IBM PC was released. Except for a couple years supporting high energy laser research during Reagan's "Star Wars" effort I've been in IT ever since.

KA0HCP likes this.
  9. KI5PGJ

WooHoo!!

it came through late yesterday

KI5PGJ

N8RKD and KA9JLM like this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC was out on Spring Break.

AC0GT likes this.