ad: w5yi

Parts exchange

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by N8YX, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

(Disclaimer: This thread isn't started with the intent of commercial vendors or 'volume' sellers to advertising their wares. Other places on QRZ are more appropriate.)

How many times have you been stuck trying to find the one or two last components necessary for completion of your project - especially when you're dealing with those which are discontinued or obsolete?

Let's use this thread to help each other out.

I have a junque-box which is "decades" in size. If you are in need of a hard-to-find component, post the description here and I'll see if I have it. I would encourage others reading this thread to do same, and for the mods to make it "Sticky" if its popularity merits.

2. AB1GA

AB1GA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hear, hear!

3. w0rku

w0rku Ham Member QRZ Page

need metal box 6" by 10" by 12" or so
    cmarkivee@hotmail.com

4. w0rku

w0rku Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A CAPITAL idea. (Note caps!). Several hams have been doing this already, but it's time to make it "official". Perhaps we could build a database on site, listing who's got what where.

eric

6. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

455KHz, 9MHz filters

Looking for a few of these in 300/500, 1.8, 2.1/2.4 and 6KHz BW for a receiver project I'm working on.

Collins mechanical preferred but will consider all others.

PM me if you have any.

TNX!

7. W2AHP

W2AHP Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I could find a source for project boxes with a tapered front panel rather than the usual rectangular boxes

www.westfloridacomponents.com

8. WR5AW

WR5AW Ham Member QRZ Page

9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Done it several times already. Gladly.

But I'd suggest that if a person is kind enough to share parts, it would be considerate to at least reimburse for any postage or other delivery expenses.
    I know that if I were to receive a part, or anything else from another Amateur, I'd immediately want to defray their cost, and show appreciation for their generosity. While it is silly to worry about the cost of mail for a sheet or two (or three) of data sheets or instructions, or a construction article, (consider e-mail as an alternative) when a package of a bulky item costs upward of $5.00 or more to send off, it can be a bit of a problem, as many Amateurs, particularly those that have well-stocked larders from many years of collecting, may be on a fixed income.

10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

A number of local suppliers (OK, there's admittedly only a small number) have a decent selection of project boxes, and most will special order what they don't have in stock. (You can sometimes find a manufacturer's part or model number on-line from some of the big distributors (Allied, Newark, Mouser) and ask a local dealer to special order the part. (That's not to detract from, or take business away from those distributors, but other than Mouser, they all have what may be prohibitive minimum order requirements.)

Do you have a local "Fry's" in your area? They might have what you want, and seem to be in the process of becoming ubiquitious throughout the country.

Also try All Electronics, and some of the others listed already. Many times, they have changing supplies, and they might have something suitable.

Also look up LMB and HAMMOND for a wide variety of cases and project boxes.

http://www.lmbheeger.com/products.htm

http://atexelectronics.com/hammond.htm

Not cheap, but they will probably have what you want; with a model number, you may be able to order from a local vendor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.